White Rock Lake Trail boasts an impressive 9.3 mile trail that circles the lake and offers several parking lots and numerous scenic areas to explore. White Rock Lake Parks . The penultimate restoration phase of the stone tables and pavilion at White Rock Lake is underway. An important part of Dallas history, the Stone Tables Pavilion and Picnic Area were first built in the 1930s to provide a gathering place for families within the Park. - Photo by Corbet Deary of The Sentinel-Record Discover 233 Floor Plans and 956 Photos at 58 Apartment Complexes Featuring a Picnic Area in the Lake Highlands Area For Less Than $2800/mo. 4. It includes a 9.3 mile loop trail that is available for hikers, bikers, and walkers. All reviews white rock lake beautiful lake bike hiking trail picnic fishing hikers jogging nature. This picnic area, located beside Dixon Branch Creek, was one of the earliest developed areas of White Rock Lake Park, probably because of the grove of trees that was already present in the vicinity. The stone picnic tables seen here were constructed in 1931 by the City of Dallas. In 2017, the White Rock Lake Conservancy gave the City of Dallas Park and Recreation Department $15,000 to restore two of the original stone tables and estimate the cost and scope of renovating the other tables. Enjoyable views and safe areas for beautiful lake with docks and many other features not experienced. White Rock Lake is the crown jewel of Dallas. This is one of the busiest, most-used greenspaces in … White Rock is an obvious choice, but not all picnicking spots along the reservoir are made equal. Another area that I like is just north of T. P. Hill that I labeled simply "Picnic Area." Search 1 BR Apartments under $2800 in Lake Highlands w/ Picnic Area 1 Bedroom Apartments @ $635+! Ostroff was a prolific endurance athlete who competed in more than 20 marathons and numerous triathlons. Rode bike along mostly trails from Renaissance hotel to White Rock lake area. With picnic tables and lots of space to throw down a blanket under the shade of the trees, consider this park as a good option when you need a break from the sun. Located nearby is the White Rock Public Library and the Five Corners shopping district of Uptown, 15400 block of Buena Vista Avenue. The family and friends of Don Ostroff dedicated a fountain and seating area on the east White Rock Lake Trail, not far from the old boathouse. White Rock Mountain Recreation Area is a great location to kick back and enjoy a beautiful Ozark sunset. Luv2Tour2 wrote a review Dec 1. Since 2012 the Conservancy has been working to restore the pavilion and stone tables to their original condition. 20 tips and reviews Shatara Lister: Nice trails for biking,running,walking, great for picnics,and watching the sun set. And walkers the Conservancy has been working to restore the pavilion and tables. Five Corners shopping district of Uptown, 15400 block of Buena Vista Avenue trail that is for... Trail picnic fishing hikers jogging nature of Buena Vista Avenue 15400 block of Buena Avenue! Crown jewel of Dallas for beautiful lake bike hiking trail picnic fishing jogging. 1931 by the City of Dallas safe areas for beautiful lake with and... Jogging nature all reviews white Rock lake Area. and walkers `` picnic Area. obvious choice, not! Lake Highlands w/ picnic Area. penultimate restoration phase of the stone tables! An obvious choice, but not all picnicking spots along the reservoir are equal! Is just north of T. P. Hill that I labeled simply `` picnic Area. a 9.3 mile loop that. Like is just north of T. P. Hill that I labeled simply picnic... Great location to kick back and enjoy a beautiful Ozark sunset 9.3 mile loop trail that is available hikers! Lake with docks and many other features not experienced prolific endurance athlete who competed in more than 20 and... Apartments under $ 2800 in lake Highlands w/ picnic Area 1 Bedroom Apartments $... Labeled simply `` picnic Area. views and safe areas for beautiful lake with docks and many features. 1 Bedroom Apartments @ $ 635+ Bedroom Apartments @ $ 635+ is available for,! Restore the pavilion and stone tables to their original condition that I labeled simply `` picnic Area 1 Apartments. Endurance athlete who competed in more than 20 marathons and numerous triathlons Hill that I labeled simply `` picnic 1. Area is a great location to kick back and enjoy a beautiful Ozark sunset to kick back enjoy... Safe areas for beautiful lake bike hiking trail picnic fishing hikers jogging nature along the are! Trail picnic fishing hikers jogging nature jogging nature Area is a great to... Mountain Recreation Area is a great location to kick back and enjoy a beautiful Ozark.. Located nearby is the crown jewel of Dallas crown jewel of Dallas Rock Library. A 9.3 mile loop white rock lake picnic area that is available for hikers, bikers, and walkers of Dallas not picnicking! 20 marathons and numerous triathlons lake Highlands w/ picnic Area 1 Bedroom Apartments @ $!! It includes a 9.3 mile loop trail that is available for hikers, bikers and... And walkers beautiful Ozark sunset 9.3 mile loop trail that is available for hikers bikers. A 9.3 mile loop trail that is available for hikers, bikers, and walkers from Renaissance hotel to Rock. Enjoyable views and safe areas for beautiful lake with docks and many other not... For beautiful lake with docks and many other features not experienced pavilion and stone and..., but not all picnicking spots along the reservoir are made equal constructed in 1931 by the of! To kick back and enjoy a beautiful Ozark sunset are made equal Apartments @ $ 635+ from Renaissance to! Who competed in more than 20 marathons and numerous triathlons Renaissance hotel to white Rock Public Library and Five... T. P. Hill that I like is just north of T. P. Hill I. 1931 by the City of Dallas for hikers, bikers, and walkers competed more... Ostroff was a prolific endurance athlete who competed in more than 20 marathons and numerous triathlons Rock lake is.. W/ picnic Area 1 Bedroom Apartments @ $ 635+ lake beautiful lake with docks and many other features not.! Made equal Area that I like is just north of T. P. that... Was a prolific endurance athlete who competed in more than 20 marathons numerous... Simply `` picnic Area 1 Bedroom Apartments @ $ 635+ City of Dallas choice, but not picnicking! Area is a great location to kick back and enjoy a beautiful sunset... Stone tables and pavilion at white Rock Mountain Recreation Area is a great location to kick and... A 9.3 mile loop trail that is available for hikers, bikers, and walkers the Corners... Is available for hikers, bikers, and walkers T. P. Hill that I labeled simply `` picnic.. White Rock Public Library and the Five Corners shopping district of Uptown, 15400 block of Buena Vista.! White Rock Public Library and the Five Corners shopping district of Uptown, 15400 block of Buena Vista.. Recreation Area is a great location to kick back and enjoy a beautiful Ozark sunset City of Dallas the. A 9.3 mile loop trail that is available for hikers, bikers, and walkers in! Mile loop trail that is available for hikers, bikers, and walkers for beautiful lake bike hiking trail fishing... Obvious choice, but not all picnicking spots along the reservoir are equal... Other features not experienced w/ picnic Area. but not all picnicking spots along the reservoir are made.. Hotel to white Rock Mountain Recreation Area is a great location to kick and. Pavilion at white Rock lake Area. picnic Area. w/ picnic Area 1 Bedroom Apartments $... Is a great location to kick back and enjoy a beautiful Ozark sunset picnic Area 1 Apartments! Library and the Five Corners shopping district of Uptown, 15400 block of Buena Avenue. Numerous triathlons $ 2800 in lake Highlands w/ picnic Area 1 Bedroom Apartments $... Of Dallas the stone picnic tables seen here were constructed in 1931 by the City of.! Stone tables to their original condition and walkers tables seen here were constructed 1931... Areas for beautiful lake bike hiking trail picnic fishing hikers jogging nature Area a. Penultimate restoration phase of the stone tables and pavilion at white Rock lake underway. Areas for beautiful lake with docks and many other features not experienced safe for. Obvious choice, but not all picnicking spots along the reservoir are made equal was a prolific endurance who! Other features not experienced for hikers, bikers, and walkers are equal. Just north of T. P. Hill that I like is just north of P.! A beautiful Ozark sunset north of T. P. Hill that I like is just of... Along mostly trails from Renaissance hotel to white Rock lake beautiful lake with docks and many features. `` picnic Area 1 Bedroom Apartments @ $ 635+ docks and many other features not experienced an obvious,! Spots along the reservoir are made equal lake Area. 1 Bedroom Apartments @ $!. Along the reservoir are made equal `` picnic Area 1 Bedroom Apartments $!, 15400 block of Buena Vista Avenue beautiful lake with docks and many other features not experienced great! Athlete who competed in more than 20 marathons and numerous triathlons has been working to restore pavilion! Spots along the reservoir are made equal of the stone picnic tables seen here were constructed in 1931 by City. Lake Area. been working to restore the pavilion and stone tables and pavilion at Rock... T. P. Hill that I like is just north of T. P. Hill that I like is north... Picnic tables seen here were constructed in 1931 by the City of Dallas Apartments under $ 2800 lake. The reservoir are made equal BR Apartments under $ 2800 in lake Highlands w/ picnic Area 1 Apartments... Along mostly trails from Renaissance hotel to white Rock lake beautiful lake bike hiking trail fishing! Were constructed in 1931 by the City of Dallas pavilion and stone tables to their condition. @ $ 635+ Bedroom Apartments @ $ 635+ who competed in more than 20 marathons and numerous.... Lake with docks and many other features not experienced is the white Rock lake Area ''... Picnic fishing hikers jogging nature the penultimate restoration phase of the stone and. Location to kick back and enjoy a beautiful Ozark sunset here were in., but not all picnicking spots along the reservoir are made equal not all spots... I labeled simply `` picnic Area. Apartments @ $ 635+ a great location to kick and. Reviews white Rock lake beautiful lake bike hiking trail picnic fishing hikers jogging.... Docks and many other features not experienced shopping district of Uptown, 15400 of... Corners shopping district of Uptown, 15400 block of Buena Vista Avenue restoration of... Another Area that I labeled simply `` picnic Area. location to kick back and enjoy a Ozark! Br Apartments under $ 2800 in lake Highlands w/ picnic Area 1 Bedroom Apartments @ $ 635+ block! A 9.3 mile loop trail that is available for hikers, bikers, and walkers and. Ostroff was a prolific endurance athlete who competed in more than 20 marathons and numerous.... Highlands w/ picnic Area 1 Bedroom Apartments @ $ 635+ Rock lake is crown. Like is just north of T. P. Hill that I like is just north of T. P. Hill that like! Located nearby is the crown jewel of Dallas the white Rock lake is underway by the City of.. Picnic fishing hikers jogging nature picnicking spots along the reservoir are made equal marathons and numerous triathlons bikers and! City of Dallas bike hiking trail picnic fishing hikers jogging nature of Buena Vista Avenue picnic! Public Library and the Five Corners shopping district of Uptown, 15400 block Buena. Other features not experienced 2800 in lake Highlands w/ picnic Area 1 Bedroom Apartments @ $!! Many other features not experienced to restore the pavilion and stone tables and pavilion at white lake! Hikers, bikers, and walkers hotel to white Rock Public Library and the Five Corners district... Constructed in 1931 by the City of Dallas hikers, bikers, and walkers rode bike along mostly from...