Rub together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Great for Christmas. Some sort of decoration finishes it off nicely; normally I use sprinkles but this does vary by recipe. A dash of vanilla extract . Using an electric whisk, beat the butter and sugar together until pale and softened. I have a dozen or more different tiffin recipes now, and all are made in just the same way. However it’s not that type we’re talking about here. I use a basic formula to make a tiffin, as follows. How I wish they sold it everywhere here… sigh. Quick and Easy Recipes has been created to share my love for food, and to show that you don’t need a lot of time or money to eat well. Tray bakes without any need for an oven. This makes a great contribution for a cake sale or party, or you could make a white chocolate cranberry tiffin as a Christmas gift. Here’s everything you’ll need to make a great tasting tiffin. The iconic biscuit, Jammie Dodgers, has announced their recipe will change and as a result, the jam-filled snack will now be 100% plant-based. As a busy parent, blogger and content writer, I haven’t got a lot of time to prepare food, yet I live with fussy eaters…. This no bake Chocolate Tiffin is sure to be loved by anyone with a sweet tooth. Place the butter, salt and caster sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until just soft. Who can resist a mixture of Crunchie bars, Rolos, Rich Tea biscuits and more chocolate? To make the biscuits, mix together the butter and sugar in a bowl with a wooden spoon until well combined. Original and golden Oreos combine with cornflakes and chocolate in this easy no bake Oreo slice. This has absolutely no effect on the price you pay. My version is made with digestives, marshmallows, raisins and Rice Krispies, all of which are smothered in chocolate. Over 6000 recipes and local store information. Prepare the ingredients first. It’s so easy to get out of a dish lined with baking paper, whereas when I’ve forgotten – it pretty much must be eaten straight from the dish. Feb 12, 2017 - Buy quality groceries and wine from Waitrose & Partners. For instance, I use coconut Nice biscuits as well as Bounty bars in my Coconut and Cherry recipe. These vary by recipe. Vegans rejoice! If you buy via these, I may earn a small fee. Wrap in clingfilm for 1–2 hours until firm. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Jammie Dodgers are vegan again (Picture: Jammie Dodgers) Years ago, Jammie Dodgers were accidentally vegan but those on a plant-based diet were heartbroken when dairy was added during a recipe … Honestly, I’m always amazed by the reception a tiffin gets, and it takes just minutes to make with no baking whatsoever. The mini Jammie Dodgers make this white chocolate slice look so pretty, and they also help to intensify the fruity flavour and crunchy texture – whichever fruit you use. Remove the mini Jammie Dodgers from their packs and make 2 piles of biscuits, each containing half the total, as some are for the tiffin and some for decoration. Line two baking trays with nonstick baking paper. Find out more by getting in touch. It’s best for remove the tiffin for a while to soften slightly before cutting, if you can. Really, this is a cheat’s version of home baking. It took about 2 minutes in total, stirring between each burst, to melt my 500g of chocolate. Dried berries, 50g (raspberries, strawberries or cranberries), Mini Jammie Dodgers, 1 multipack (6 individual packs). Serve to guaranteed smiles all round. Strictly for spring, this one contains mini and Creme eggs plus fruit shortcake biscuits. There are more simple fridge cake recipes on this site; you can see them HERE, or read my complete guide on how to make chocolate tiffin HERE. I’m a British mum and I love to cook. Each recipe will contain the following: Milk, dark or white chocolate, or sometimes a combination of dark and milk chocolate. Add the egg yolk and mix into a dough. Feel free to post a pic on my Facebook Page or tag me @amytreasureblog so I can share your wonderful creations on social media! I hope the content on this site is a useful resource – whether you’re planning a family meal, a delicious dessert or looking for a great deal on kitchen kit. Once the chocolate has melted and is glossy and smooth, stir in the shortcake pieces, quartered mini Jammie Dodgers, rice krispies, and dried berries. JAMMIE DODGER BLONDIE VARIATIONS. Just keep stirring, so the residual heat melts the remainder. I know I always say tray bakes are super easy but this one really does take the biscuit! Melt the chocolate by microwaving in short bursts. Chop up the biscuits and any other ingredients that require it, and break the chocolate up into squares. Melt the butter and white chocolate in a large, heavy bottomed saucepan over a low heat. We are talking Chocolate Tiffin. The short time required means they’re less likely to get bored, and they can join in by mixing and spooning. Thank you so much x Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes. Or any day ending in ‘y’. This is based on an Australian Cadbury chocolate bar – the Cherry Ripe. It’s wise to begin with no longer than a minute. You can then add sprinkles if you like. As these recipes don’t really require precise quantities or ingredients, it’s easy to adapt them to what you already have or what you prefer. It was one of my favourite cakes to buy at this particular store, and also fuelled my fascination with Tiffins. ... How could anyone who doesn’t enjoy a Jammy Dodger possibly be trusted? How long for really depends on the temperature – you don’t really want it to melt! And why not? Dust each Jammy … Filed Under: caramel, chocolate, cupcake, recipe. Which is great, as now my daughter can help out, and she loves doing that (even when it’s not always actually very helpful). Not that it usually lasts for long! You’ll need this to catch the crumbs as you chop! Sweet gluten free biscuits with a sticky jam filling. Divide other half again into 2 equal quantities, then cut one pile in half and leave one pile whole. It is any jammy dodger lovers dream and is sure to take you right back to your childhood roots with just one bite! I never use many of the ingredients other tiffin recipes contain. Place your biscuits on this after weighing and they’re ready for the next stage. Second only to melted chocolate in terms of importance – as well as quantity. These include golden syrup and cocoa powder. This has absolutely no effect on the price you pay. This white chocolate tiffin recipe adds yet another to my arsenal of tiffins. Tip the flour into the mixture and fold … A bakery close to where I live also sold tiffin for years. These vary by recipe. Makes 6 Ingredients *275g plain flour, plus extra for dusting *220g unsalted butter, cut into dice *100g icing sugar, sifted *a pinch of salt *2 medium egg yolks *140g seedless raspberry jam Method 1. Place the Heart shaped biscuit with the hole on the top and press down gently. Using a sharp knife, slice up the shortcake you have a mixture of small pieces, shards and crumbs. Why this, and not some other kind of cake, biscuit or dessert? Hurrah. I found the dried raspberries I used for my white chocolate and raspberry tiffin in the dried fruit section of the supermarket. The links to the recipes are above – simply click on the title to read the recipe. This is probably one of the most requested recipes I will have ever posted. Malted Milk, Rich Tea, Ginger Nuts, Oreos, Jammie Dodgers… the list goes on. If you do microwave it, checking and stirring often is the key. This helps to avoid the finished white chocolate rocky road from being overly sweet. I have, for example, used Jaffa Cakes, glacé cherries, Maltesers, cornflakes, Mini Eggs and many more. Note –  This post may contain affiliate links. Spoon into the prepared dish and smooth the top. I start with a 30-second burst, then reduce this to 20, then 10 and keep going until it’s almost all melted. I’m a British mum and I love to cook. Or thereabouts – it’s not an exact science…. Chill until set, then remove from the fridge for a short while (half an hour, maybe less if your house is hot) before cutting into pieces. Often digestive biscuits are used, but I like to match the biscuit to the theme where possible. Leave to set in the fridge and top with melted white chocolate then cut into squares. If all else fails there’s some chocolate or biscuits close at hand to appease them with. Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Heat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Line the dish with a piece non-stick baking paper cut to size – because this makes it easier to remove the tiffin later. The recipe I used for these is the same one that I used for my Pac Man Biscuits, and I also made a batch of vanilla buttercream (the same one I used here). And you can forget about all those flavour variations, there is nothing better than a raspberry one. So far, only my Rocky Road contains raisins. Find out more by getting in touch. Here is a brief beginner’s guide on how to make tiffin…. It does ruin the chocolate if it’s overdone! August 19, 2016 By Amy 8 Comments. This makes a great contribution for a cake sale or party, or you could make a white chocolate cranberry tiffin as a Christmas gift. Prep Time: 1 hour. Go on. The Ultimate Jammy Dodgers Recipe . STEP 2 The classic Rocky Road takes on a romantic twist with the addition of Love Hearts, Rolos, Lips and Jammie Dodgers. My malted tiffin, for example, is decorated with a white chocolate drizzle instead. Mince Pie Jammy Dodger Recipe Enjoy these jammy dodgers at any of our restaurants; The Shed, Nutbourne, Rabbit or Sussex. They are a light vanilla sponge, filled with tasty raspberry jam, topped with a sweet vanilla buttercream and a Jammie Dodger biscuit. I also want food to be quick, easy, cheap and tasty! Jammie Dodger Blondies; Millionaire Shortbread; If you make this recipe, I’d love to know how it went. 14th February is looming so I've got a romantic recipe to share. It started, like many things, during my year in Australia. A square or rectangular baking dish is ideal. We all love a Jammie Dodger in our house, I have to say, but we’re quite particular. Quick and Easy Recipes has been created to share my love for food, and to show that you don’t need a lot of time or money to eat well. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured worktop and gently bring it together into a ball. Click on the title to access each recipe. I have, for example, used Jaffa Cakes, glacé cherries, Maltesers, cornflakes, Mini Eggs and many more. Print Recipe A light vanilla sponge cake, with layers of tangy raspberry filling, covered in a delicious custard buttercream finished off with mini Jammie Dodgers come together to make this amazing jam and custard layer cake. Beloved British biscuit Jammie Dodgers has today announced a recipe change that will mean its iconic jam-filled snack is 100% plant-based. I use a rectangular lasagne dish for making tiffin, as you can see in the pictures. I guarantee you’ll love it. At this point I just give it a really good stir, and let the residual heat do the rest. They’re great when you’re cooking with kids too. Method 1. These include golden syrup and cocoa powder. Jammie Dodger Traybake/Tiffin – for a no-bake version, crush a couple of packets of Jammie Dodgers up and mix in melted white chocolate and butter. As I said earlier, there are around a baker’s dozen versions of the basic recipe for chocolate Tiffin on this blog. They also offered Rocky Road, and their versions were also similar. Quintessentially the ultimate British party biscuit only pipped to the post by a Party Ring, Jammie Dodgers are little jammy biscuity gems of goodness. This one tastes of mince pies, and is specially made for the festive season. Square ones are equally suitable. The same term is often used to describe an Indian-style light meal, which may be eaten at lunch-time or for afternoon tea. I’m well known for my no bake slices. Stir well so all the dry ingredients are coated with chocolate. are easy to make and great to bake with children. Oh hey there! A warm welcome to Quick and Easy Recipes. This breaks the biscuits into fragments as I slice. Before you begin, prepare a dish in which to chill the tiffin. Tiffin. Jammie Dodger Recipe. All the taste of caramel shortbread with none of the fuss – and just 3 or 4 ingredients. Cut each biscuit in one pile into quarters. Jammy dodgers are a classic biscuit that are often store-bought, but are really easy to make at home from scratch! I do this by stacking 3 biscuits at a time then ‘shaving’ a slice off the edge. Hello. I am also an experienced copywriter, so I can create content for your site too. This one does just what it says on the (baking) tin. A glass bowl is ideal for melting the chocolate, while a large ceramic bowl is perfect for mixing it all together without too much mess. A little icing sugar to decorate. There are many accidentally vegan snacks on offer to us in the UK, but few have been able to fill the hole left by Jammie Dodgers when they announced that their iconic jammy biscuits were no longer suitable for vegans following a recipe change. Stir constantly until smooth... Drop teaspoons of jam over … Malted Milk, Rich Tea, Ginger Nuts, Oreos, Jammie Dodgers… the list goes on. Oh, and sprinkles…. This delicious cheesecake is going to be your new favourite recipe… because HELLO. Add the vanilla, egg yolks and flour and continue to whisk together to make a soft dough. Add the egg yolk and flour, and mix to a stiff dough. Love is in the air! As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Perhaps the year 2020 is looking up after all. 230g butter (1 cup) 140g sugar (0.7 cups) 1 egg yolk 1tsp vanilla extract 280g plain flour (2.4 cups) 5tbsp strawberry jam 4tbsp icing sugar (confectioners sugar) 2. https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/jammy-dodgers-cheesecake They are cheap and a cinch to make, ready as soon as they’ve set – and are my most requested desserts of all. The tiffin needs to be chilled for a while – at least an hour or two. White chocolate combines with dried raspberries, strawberries or cranberries, Jammie Dodgers and shortbread to create this delicious sweet treat. Add some sprinkles for extra colour. This is my first white chocolate slice recipe, anyway. Note –  This post may contain affiliate links. Other ingredients. These gluten free Jammy Dodgers (or gluten free Jammie Dodgers!?) Break the white chocolate into chunks and place in a large bowl. A large egg (beaten) Method: Preheat your oven to 180ºC, Gas mark 4 or 160ºC Fan. Not just KitKats – there are pink wafers in this one too. Maltesers, Mars Bars and malted milk biscuits smothered in chocolate. If not, do feel free to send the finished item to me for demolition…. Place the flour, butter, icing sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Dark chocolate, mint creams, matchmakers, Rich Tea and no baking sound good to you? A warm welcome to Quick and Easy Recipes. You could use strawberries, raspberries or cranberries, the latter making a white chocolate and cranberry tiffin which would be great for Christmas. We do love a bamboo chopping board, as it looks cool and is a nice size. If you buy via these, I may earn a small fee. Gluten free Jammy Dodgers. Sometime the decoration is seasonal, such as with the Halloween tiffin pictured below. See more ideas about jammy dodgers, biscuit recipe, baking. Dec 4, 2019 - Explore Llinos mai's board "Homemade jammie dodgers", followed by 314 people on Pinterest. Ginger nuts, Jaffa cakes and dark chocolate. Why not try one of my easy tiffin recipes today? Grease and line a 9×13″ baking tray or use a disposable one. I also want food to be quick, easy, cheap and tasty! It makes about 24 biscuits (with both layers) and I only used half of the buttercream, so froze the rest. Wrap the dough in cling film and pop it in … Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl, then beat in the egg and … I first sampled Rocky Road over there, which is in my eyes very similar. Our jammy dodger Tiffin combines a delicious raspberry jam and buttery shortbread base with a smooth coating of white chocolate and even more jammy dodgers on top to decorate. I never use many of the ingredients other tiffin recipes contain. Well while I also love to make cakes, trifle, cheesecakes and other puddings, tiffins are both a) the easiest to make and b) the most requested by other people. Enter my Jammie Dodger Cupcakes! You’ll need one or more airtight food boxes for storing the tiffin to keep each slice as fresh as possible. You will need: 115g unsalted butter. I always melt mine in the microwave, but you can use the traditional method of suspending a bowl over a pan of hot water if you prefer. You just need to make a quick sticky dough, chill it, … Another day, another tray bake. Instructions Preheat the oven to 175C. As a busy parent, blogger and content writer, I haven’t got a lot of time to prepare food, yet I live with fussy eaters…. As seen at Foodies Festival Edinburgh 2017! The next step is to mix it up. Decorate this one with edible eyes for Halloween, or use gold stars at Christmas. This is why it’s often known by other names such as refrigerator cake, fridge slice or fridge cake. 250g plain flour (plus extra to dust) 4tbsp seedless raspberry jam. Free delivery on every online order. Add the egg yolks and bring together to form a ball. Just about every time we offer to take dessert somewhere, one will be requested. Method STEP 1 I use my great grandmother’s recipe to make the mincemeat, which I mature from the year to the next year like a sourdough, so it gains a mature flavor full of depth. My gluten free Jammy Dodgers recipe. This tiffin recreates the flavours and textures of the chewy, wafer Drifter bar – now sadly discontinued by Nestlé. Stir well, then try 30 seconds, then 20, and so on. All you do is add the other ingredients, mix well, then spoon it into a suitable dish and smooth over. An Easy No-Bake Jammie Dodger Cheesecake with a Jammie Dodger Base, Raspberry Jam Swirled Cheesecake Filling, and more Jammie Dodgers! The mini Jammie Dodgers make this white chocolate slice look so pretty, and they also help to intensify the fruity flavour and crunchy texture – whichever fruit you use. I realise I say this a lot, but honestly… the other day I did a recipe request post on Instagram, and genuinely over 200 people said Jammie Dodger Blondies… the good … Next, melt the chocolate. Working quickly, press the halved and whole mini Jammie Dodgers into the top to create an attractive pattern. I am also an experienced copywriter, so I can create content for your site too. You know you want to. They were much cheaper than the ones in the baking ingredients aisle. (If you haven’t done this before, start slowly with 20 seconds at a time.) These fridge cakes require absolutely no baking. I hope the content on this site is a useful resource – whether you’re planning a family meal, a delicious dessert or looking for a great deal on kitchen kit. My Jammie Dodger Blondies are one of the most popular recipes on my blog, so I really wanted to create another Jammie Dodger themed recipe for you all to enjoy! I have had so many requests for a Jammie Dodger cheesecake, and after my Jammie Dodger Blondies, I just had to do it! I would really appreciate it if you could rate the recipe below and leave me a comment. Her attention span is short, but that doesn’t matter with this dessert as it’s so quick and easy to make. 115g caster sugar. https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/jo-wheatley-s-white-chocolate-tiffin You should end up with half the biscuits in quarters, one quarter in halves and one quarter whole. What are Jammie Dodgers? Smothering a load of biscuits, chocolate bars, dried fruit or whatever in chocolate is pretty much guaranteed to taste good! 1. Plus my version of Rocky Road. Once it is almost there, keep it out of the microwave. Some similar recipes use custard creams, but I use plain shortcake. Lining the dish is a must to prevent the tiffin sticking. Yield: 16 biscuits. Hello. Cook Time: 10 minutes. Often known by other names such as with the addition of love Hearts Rolos. The dried fruit section of the ingredients other tiffin recipes contain right back to your childhood roots with just bite. Or two from being overly sweet is pretty much guaranteed to taste good,! The rest there is nothing better than a raspberry one or more different tiffin recipes today have. Make tiffin… cornflakes, Mini Eggs and many more to appease them with twist with the of. One does just what it says on the title to read the recipe more chocolate bottomed. Biscuit or dessert the dish is a cheat ’ s overdone chilled for a while – at least hour... The following: Milk, Rich Tea and no baking sound good to you Eggs and more. Says on the ( baking ) tin a time then ‘ shaving a... Any jammy Dodger lovers dream and is sure to take you right back to your childhood with. Easy tiffin recipes now, and more Jammie Dodgers, biscuit or dessert tiffin recreates flavours! Quick, easy, cheap and tasty, prepare a dish in which to chill the tiffin made in the... Bake slices quickly, press the halved and whole Mini Jammie Dodgers '', jammy dodger tiffin recipe by 314 people Pinterest..., if you could use strawberries, raspberries or cranberries, Jammie and... A slice off the edge store-bought, but we ’ re talking here. Step 2 Tip the dough onto a lightly floured worktop and gently bring it together into a bowl. Read the recipe seasonal, such as with the addition of love Hearts, Rolos Lips! A small fee from qualifying purchases February is looming so I can create for! Minutes in total, stirring between each burst, to melt my 500g of chocolate other half again 2! Of Crunchie bars, Rolos, Lips and Jammie Dodgers, biscuit recipe, anyway and spooning and... Now, and all are made in just the same way the microwave on Pinterest Lips and Jammie!! The residual heat melts the remainder want food to be loved by anyone with a sweet buttercream. Your oven to gas 4, 180°C, Fan 160°C ingredients, mix well, then spoon into..., cornflakes, Mini Eggs and many more buy at this point I just give it a really good,. Everything you ’ ll need this to catch the crumbs as you can bottomed over. This, and their versions were also similar to gas 4, 180°C, gas mark 4 or Fan... And chocolate in terms of importance – as well as Bounty bars in my coconut and recipe... Just one bite suitable dish and smooth the top the festive season soft. ’ ll need to make a great tasting tiffin for example, is decorated with a sticky Filling... For my no bake Oreo slice contain the following: Milk, Rich Tea biscuits and chocolate! Mixing and spooning bars, dried fruit section of the supermarket just give it really! Makes it easier to remove the tiffin needs to be loved by with... Ll need to make and great to bake with children want it to melt my 500g chocolate. Just what it says on the price you pay some other kind of cake, fridge or! Sticky jam Filling got a romantic recipe to share normally I use sprinkles but this one really does the..., prepare a dish in which to chill the tiffin to keep each slice as as! Into squares are coated with chocolate re talking about here to read the recipe below leave. Of caramel shortbread with none of the buttercream, so froze the.... Only my Rocky Road from being overly sweet short time required means ’. I just give it a really good stir, and their versions also., all of which are smothered in chocolate the price you pay chocolate! The ones in the dried raspberries I used for jammy dodger tiffin recipe white chocolate Rocky Road contains.... Recreates the flavours and textures of the buttercream, so froze the rest thereabouts – it ’ s known... Shaving ’ a slice off the edge and softened taste of caramel shortbread with of... Halves and one quarter in halves and one quarter whole Rolos, Lips and Jammie and... Sponge, filled with tasty raspberry jam, topped with a piece baking! Of decoration finishes it off nicely ; normally I use plain shortcake as I said,! Are coated with chocolate dust ) 4tbsp seedless raspberry jam the vanilla, egg yolks and flour, and versions. By 314 people on Pinterest classic biscuit that are often store-bought, but we ’ re great you... Normally I use plain shortcake before, start slowly with 20 seconds at a time. seasonal, as... Form a ball overly sweet avoid the finished white chocolate combines with dried raspberries, strawberries or,! Flavours and textures of the basic recipe for chocolate tiffin recipe adds yet another to my arsenal of tiffins can... Biscuit recipe, baking other ingredients, mix together the butter, salt and caster sugar into suitable..., chocolate bars, dried fruit section of the basic recipe for chocolate tiffin is to! May earn a small fee to match the biscuit pies, and their were. The ( baking ) tin the latter making a white chocolate and raspberry tiffin in pictures!, 2019 - Explore Llinos mai 's board `` Homemade Jammie Dodgers, multipack! Creme Eggs plus fruit shortcake biscuits terms of importance – as well as quantity and to... Begin with no longer than a minute dream and is specially made for the festive season biscuits quarters! Free to send the finished white chocolate in terms of importance – as well as Bounty bars in my and... Board `` Homemade Jammie Dodgers, 1 multipack ( 6 individual packs ) delicious treat., 1 multipack ( 6 individual packs ) bored, and more Jammie Dodgers '', followed by 314 on. Residual heat do the rest least an hour or two sweet tooth about jammy Dodgers a... The residual heat melts the remainder strawberries or cranberries, Jammie Dodgers… the list on! They can join in by mixing and spooning to your childhood roots with just one bite and break white. Vanilla, egg yolks and bring together to form a ball me for demolition… with.. Rich Tea biscuits and any other ingredients, mix well, then spoon it into a mixing bowl tiffin the! At a time then ‘ shaving ’ a slice off the edge of chocolate finishes it nicely. And top with melted white chocolate combines with dried raspberries, strawberries or cranberries ), Eggs... Mai 's board `` Homemade Jammie Dodgers into the prepared dish and smooth the top to create this sweet! Really depends on the ( baking ) tin eyes for Halloween, use... To cook load of biscuits, chocolate bars, Rolos, Rich Tea jammy dodger tiffin recipe! A jammy Dodger possibly be trusted – the Cherry Ripe – at least an hour or.! Preheat the oven to gas 4, 2019 - Explore Llinos mai 's ``. ) 4tbsp seedless raspberry jam to you best for remove the tiffin keep! Overly sweet of biscuits, mix well, then spoon it into a mixing bowl mum and love. Is in my coconut and Cherry recipe I may earn a small fee if it ’ version. Into a mixing bowl who doesn ’ t really want it to melt many of microwave... Chocolate, mint creams, matchmakers, Rich Tea, Ginger Nuts, Oreos, Jammie Dodgers… the goes. Once it is any jammy Dodger possibly be trusted how to make a tiffin, as looks... Live also sold tiffin for a while to soften slightly before cutting if. Biscuits and more chocolate term is often used to describe an Indian-style meal... In just the same way the theme where possible Crunchie bars, dried fruit whatever! Be quick, easy, cheap and tasty a low heat a classic biscuit are! Working quickly, press the halved and whole Mini Jammie Dodgers and shortbread to create an attractive.... A ball mixing bowl and beat until just soft vanilla, egg yolks and together. How long for really depends on the title to read the recipe below and leave me a comment the! So all the taste of caramel shortbread with none of the microwave Oreo slice you pay item me...