Serving Size : 2 tbsp. Place the soup bag in a soup pot of water and add the rinsed dried scallops. HUAI SHAN (600GM) Home; HUAI SHAN (600GM) Select Wishlist List to add product in. 13 % 4g Fat. Commonly known as: Chinese Yam, Huai Shan, Rhizoma Dioscoreae; 300g of Premium Huai Shan (Mountain Yam) 300g 特级正河南淮山; How to cook: Boil it till it softens. Chinese Yam Chicken Soup. I try to keep my chinese food recipes to those that can be done within one hour. It is one of the ingredients in Ching Bo Leung, which is a mix of herbs popular for tonification effects. Once the fishballs float up, they are cooked. 78 % 56g Carbs. Lose weight by tracking your caloric intake quickly and easily. Ingredients: Meat – either chicken or pork ribs, and we’ve tried both to see if there’s any difference in taste. Once he starts, he won’t stop to eat his rice and dishes till he finishes the bowl of soup! 78 % 56g Carbs. Lean chicken is a good substitute for the pork ribs. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Chinese Yam comes with lots of goodness for health. I added fresh Chinese Yam Root/ Huai Shan as one of the vegetable ingredients in the soup. This soup is very light, good for the warm weather now. 225 g (8 oz) short pork spare ribs or pork loin 15 g (1/2 oz) pearl barley or Job’s tears (yi yi ren) 30 g (1 oz) Solomon’s seal (yu zhu) 45 g (1 1/2 oz) lotus seed (lian zi) 45 g (1 1/2 oz) fox nut (qian shi) 15 g (1/2 oz) Chinese yam (huai shan / shan yao) 15 g (1/2 oz) glehnia root (sha shen) I won't recommend it. Fill in as much liquid as you can to submerge all the ingredients. Sign Up. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. 4. huai shan-noodles nutrition facts and nutritional information. Place the chicken, dried scallops (with soaking water), dried red dates, dried honey dates and water into a All Rights Reserved. How does this food fit into your daily goals? Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Especially good for: Children (delicious tasting soup with minimal herbal taste), delicious yet nutritious for the family. I love to cook and I like to try all sorts of Chinese food recipes! Cut chicken into small pieces. For convenience, I used dried huai shan which appears chalk like and has a bright white colour, and is said to benefit the spleen, lungs and kidneys. Soup of the day: Fresh Chinese Yam (Huai Shan) & Corn Soup. CONTACT US NOW! 1 Deep Fried Chicken is just the ticket. Remove, rinse and place the … We liked to eat fresh Chinese Yam, eating it for its valuable nutrition contents, too (it’s good for the man.. chuckling)! 6. Ingredients: (serves 2 - 3) 2 Chicken Drumstick, with thigh attached 300g Fresh Huai Shan(淮山) 8 - 10 Big Red Dates(红枣) Huai Shan and Winter Melon Soup - 淮山冬瓜枸杞汤 Recipe Soup is an important part of a meal to Chinese. Posted by wiffy on February 1, 2010. Serving Size : 101 g. 301 Cal. Huai Shan 淮山 or Shan Yao 山药 has high nutritional values and it contains starch, proteins, diosgenin (a natural DHEA), fiber, Vitamin B1, B2, C, calcium, phosphorous and iron. Add the carrots and lotus seeds once the soup is boiling. If you don’t really want a formal meal and don’t mind a few calories, a street snack bar called Pengpu No. You may also see it labeled Chinese potato, Japanese mountain yam, wild yam, and yamaimo (Japanese cooks grate it into a pulp to eat it raw!). Chinese mushroom    6 I will apply your idea sharply. Serves: 8. 1 carrot. fish balls (optional) - I added it as my little girl loves fish balls but traditionally, fish balls aren't added in this soup. 300 gram fresh chinese yam (huai shan), peeled, cut into pieces; 15 gingko nuts, shelled and skinned; 20 gram yu zhu (solomon's seal rhizome) 8 pitted red dates; 1 chicken whole leg; 1 tbsp salt, to taste; 1.5 litre water Steamed pork patties with salted egg recipe, Steamed prawns with egg, mushrooms and ham recipe. Sea cucumber recipe – What You Do: 1) Rinse rice, Huai Shan and lotus seeds. Fresh Huai Shan is nature and sweet in taste that is similar to sweet potato or potato texture when used as a soup ingredient. Find calories, carbs, and nutritional contents for huai shan-mian and over 2,000,000 other foods at MyFitnessPal.com. Ingredients: Chicken Fruit. Stay in touch on Instagram. Related Products. Currently you have JavaScript disabled. It’s fine too, but probably need to cook it longer. Side Ingredients and Soup Base: 200 gram of pork meat (lean shoulder butt part) 500 gram of clam (with shell intact) 1 handful of Chinese Spinach (苋菜 xiàn cài) 1 tablespoon of wolfberries aka Lycium barbarum (枸杞) 1 large pot of water, 50% filled (about 2000 – 2500ml) However do you know that you can also buy fresh Huai Shan from the market or supermarket? It has a mildly sweet taste and a starchy, potato-like texture. Read more about me and happy browsing! Ingredinets:... Stewed beef chinese recipe. This chinese soup is … 2. Sign Up. 3) Soak dried sea cucumber in water until soft. Hence, dried Huai Shan has became so common that we have forgotten the fresh type. Before serving, bring the broth back to a boil then do step (4) and (5) I think my little boy inherited my love for soups as this Chinese Yam soup is my little boy’s new favourite soup and you cannot imagine how a tiny little boy like him can guzzle down a whole bowl of this soup at one go. It benefits the Spleen, Lungs and the Kidneys and strength the health. Hed Chef News - Trying to save money and cut calories to gear up for the year-end holiday season? Place duck, chicken, herbs and mushrooms in a tureen. Add black fungus, chinese mushrooms, ginger slices and wine. We often consume Chinese yam, also known as huai shan or shan yao, fresh or in its dried form. Huai shan is commonly used in soups. A very nutritious Chinese soup for both young and old. If you enjoyed this post, please share your thoughts in the comments or share the post with your friends by clicking on the social media buttons below. If you have access to fresh huai shan, it is even better. About Food Exercise Apps Community Blog Shop Premium. Sea cucumber recipe – Seasoning: Rock sugar. Linda says. 4. 10 % 7g Protein. October 26, 2014 at 6:17 pm. Otherwise, it is like a piece of eel. This “Clever Soup” is a simple and nutritious herbal soup for you and your family to improve alertness and promote concentration. Season with salt or stock cubes then serve hot. Clear soup with fresh chinese yam. It also helps nourishing kidney and lungs, tonifying spleen and enriching essence. Serving Size : 85 g/3 oz dried. Sweets and Beyond Recommended for you. Corn clear heats, resolve dampness and nourishes the brain. To note: For this soup, you can omit the meat to make it vegetarian version. Chicken                      1/2 Log In. Cuisine: Chinese. Soup was clear, and yet, thicker & richer flavour. Jianding - Huai Nan Beef Soup. Fitness Goals : Heart Healthy. A feel-good soup that is generous in the use of synergetic Chinese herbs to restore and rejuvenate. Daily Goals. Log Food. Drain and rinse clean. I skinned it, slice it into pieces and cook it as a soup with some spareribs and red dates. Huai Yang style cuisine refers to the food native to China’s Yangtze River Delta area, one of the most developed areas in China across China’s over 5,000 years of history. Cooking time      : 30 minutes. Broth, Stock & Soup; Cooking Oil; Noodles; Pasta; Paste, Sauce, Seasoning & Condiments; Rice; CONTACT US; ENQUIRE NOW. Rinse the rice for about 3 to 4 times, then soak with some water while preparing the soup base. Hence, it's easy to prepare different types of soups with corn in it! Huai Shan淮山: It tastes sweet and of neutral nature. Lose weight by tracking your caloric intake quickly and easily. Filed Under: Asian Recipes Chinese New Year Recipes Chinese Soups Recipes Soups. Wine   2 tablespoon Steamed cod fish with ham and tofu chinese recipe. Oriental King Huai Shan Oriental King Huai Shan - Huai Shan. Cook at low heat until the chicken get soft. Cook at low heat until the chicken get soft. 2) Add water and cook until the rice is mushy. It has long been used as a Chinese medicine in treating various digestive and respiratory problems, diabetes, chronic coughs and male sexual dysfunction. Add 8 cups of water and chicken, bring to boil. This soup is good for the spleen and lungs. Your email address will not be published. 2. Sep 20, 2020 - Explore Magdalene Yip's board "Asian - Soup", followed by 157 people on Pinterest. Lose weight by tracking your caloric intake quickly and easily. 3. Place the soup bag in a soup pot of water and add the rinsed dried scallops. Notes: Feel free to adjust the portion according to your family size or the size of the pot. 10 % 7g Protein. The Chinese yam or better known as Huai Shan is often used in the preparation of tonic or herbal soups and remedies. This time round, we’re slurping up the 6 Herbs Nourish Soup (S$5.40), available from Hock Hua Tonics. Daily Goals. Sliced ginger              4, Seasonings: Or can use hock hua lotus seed instead? Don’t Miss a Recipe! So, here is the first recipe of my favourite soup - Huai Shan and Winter Melon Soup - 淮山冬瓜枸杞汤. About Food Exercise Apps Community Blog Shop Premium. PhilVie Story 17,419 views. Simple but delicious dishes can be jazzed up with eggs. Cut Huai Shan into slices. 60g long-grain rice. If fresh huai shan is not available, can substitute 100g dried huai shan. Do hop over to my Facebook page where I connect with my readers and I would love to have you following me on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram too , Hi, can you please take a picture of the fresh lotus seed? This chinese soup is very nutricious, go cook for your family! 5. Cook Time: 2 hours. Next bring 1.5 liters of water to boil, add in all ingredients except Huai Shan and bring mixture to boil again. A convenient and easy soup to cook for 2 to 4 persons. 5. Black Bean Soup with Huai Shan Ingredients 1 cup of black beans (rice cup) - washed and soaked for 2 hours or more 4 pieces of pork ribs 1 stalk fresh huai shan - peeled and cut into cubes salt to taste Method. CAN’T SEEM TO FIND WHAT YOU NEED? Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. 301 / 2,000 cal left. Huai Shan Soup (Herbal Taste Soup) - Duration: 4:52. Trying the 6 Herbs Nourish Soup to send some TLC to my preggy body and baby in the oven. Find nutrition facts for over 2,000,000 foods. Jul 19, 2020 - Explore Belle Pagangpang's board "Cantonese Soup" on Pinterest. Unfortunately, I do not have the calorie count for this soup. Ingredients like vegetables, meats, pasta, rice, and legumes are cooked in boiling water until they become soft, break down, and meld together to infuse the liquid base with flavor. Find calories, carbs, and nutritional contents for huai shan-noodles and over 2,000,000 other foods at MyFitnessPal.com. Chinese food recipes, Chinese soup recipes, Low calorie chinese food recipe | 75 % 3g Carbs. Sign Up. Physicians practising traditional Chinese medicine prescribe this to replenish qi and yin in the kidneys. 20g lotus seeds. Bring this to a boil. See more ideas about Asian soup, Soup recipes, Chinese soup recipes. Corn and Carrot Soup: Ingredients. Method: Put black fungus in water until soft. HUAI SHAN (600GM) Qty - + ENQUIRY FORM. When preparing Chinese yam, be sure to wear plastic gloves or handle it with a plastic bag as should your skin come into contact with the peeled chinese yam, it will itch. I'm Angie and I'm thrilled to have you here! The huai shan, arrowroot, goji berries and red dates can be eaten. Today I am going to share with you another easy chinese recipe. Source: moon503 ... Fresh huai shan when boiled for too long will disintergrate. 3. ... 300 gram fresh chinese yam (huai shan), peeled, cut into pieces; 15 gingko nuts, shelled and skinned; 20 gram yu zhu (solomon's seal rhizome) 8 pitted red dates; 1 chicken whole leg; 1 tbsp salt, to taste; 1.5 litre water; Instructions. Ingredinets: The Chinese yam or better known as Huai Shan is often used in the preparation of tonic or herbal soups and remedies. Hi! Home / All Products / Soups Premium Huai Shan (Mountain Yam) 300g 特级正河南淮山 $ 14.80. This is first I have read your blog. by sharon | Black sesame glutinous rice balls in almond soy bean, Pure Rain SuperJet Wide Shower Head Review, Celebrating Christmas during the Pandemic, Freshly Baked Artisanal Birthday Cake | Whyzee, BenQ GS2 Wireless Portable Projector | Versatile Family Entertainment with Eye-Protection Sensors, Staying in the pink of health with The Fruit Hut, 1 stick of fresh Chinese yam (huai shan or wai san), peeled and cut into chunks - you can obtain this at both supermarkets and wet markets, 1 packet of vacuum packed fresh lotus seeds. Usually I used those Fresh Huai Shan instead of the dried type. Esp Huai Shan, I just love it same as my elder gal. Dish and set aside. Soups Calories A liquid dish eaten with a spoon, soups are often made from a base of stock, bullion, cream, or plain water. Find nutrition facts for over 2,000,000 foods. Find nutrition facts for over 2,000,000 foods. Free online calorie counter and diet plan. 13 % 4g Fat. Lower heat and simmer the soup for 30 minutes before adding the fresh huai shan only before you want to drink the soup and let it come to boil and switch off the heat. 1. Cut into small pieces. Free online calorie counter and diet plan. Comments Off on Huai Shan and chicken soup recipe. Powered by Easy Chinese Recipes. Fresh Huai Shan is nature and sweet in taste that is similar to sweet potato or potato texture when used as a soup ingredient. 3. OUR PRODUCTS. Log In. Taste of the soup cooked with dried anchovies was terrific! Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time : 30 minutes. If you don't have the time for it, then split the cooking. Blanch duck and chicken pieces in a pot of boiling water for 1 minute. Add 8 cups of water and chicken, bring to boil. Therefore, it is very suitable for those who are on a healthy diet. It originated from a night fair stall on Wenxi Road in the Pengpu area. ... Hi i am wondering of this soup is high in calories.my mom adds lean chicken into the soup.i love this soup. © 2020 Easy Chinese Food Recipes. Wash beef shanks and trim excess fat if necessary. Log Food. Corns have natural sweetness to make the soup fragrant. Carne Guisada or Puerto Rican Beef Stew - Duration: 8:06. Apr, 2012 Bean stick and tofu chinese soup recipe; Chinese food recipes, Chinese soup recipes, Low calorie … Remove the chicken carcasses and place them in a soup bag together with the rinsed red dates. Required fields are marked *. Add a pot of boiling water to the slow cooker. 1. Last week I tried this chicken soup in one chinese restaurant, it is post is about chicken soup recipe. 100 % 15g Carbs. Black Chicken黑鸡: Being rich in protein, helps to supplement pneuma and enrich blood. Add the carrots and lotus seeds once the soup is boiling. Fresh Huai Shan is mostly sold in supermarkets or wet markets. Bamboo pit                 6 5. Huai Shan and chicken soup recipe. Get easy chinese tofu, chicken, vegetable and soup recipes here, Steamed chicken with kailan and ham recipe, Steamed chicken with hua diao wine recipe, Bamboo shoot and meat balls chinese soup recipe, Silver fish and amaranth chinese soup recipe, Meat balls with sweet corns chinese recipe. Water and chicken, bring to boil, add in all ingredients except Shan... 3 to 4 persons he won ’ t handle my greed to your., low calorie Chinese food recipes to those that can be done within one hour, helps promote... Is tender and enrich blood bones ) and bring to a slow cooker to the... Often used in the oven this easy recipe very much of gunk and excess oils yam ) 300g 特级正河南淮山 14.80... Will be too overwhelming or in its dried form and thinly sliced it, then soak with some while. To improve alertness and promote concentration tummy-warming nutritious Chinese soup recipes, soup... Convenient and easy soup using just black chicken and Essence of chicken previously and... Explore Belle Pagangpang 's board `` Asian - soup '', followed by 157 people Pinterest. Can omit the meat to make the soup at MyFitnessPal.com and remedies, lungs and the fair... Is on the table a chain fat and calories as no oil nor is. The health a night fair stall on Wenxi Road in the oven Road in the of! Off on Huai Shan from the market or supermarket calories as no oil nor cream is used 3 minutes get. Have natural sweetness to make the soup is good for: children ( delicious tasting soup with fresh Chinese Root/... Adds lean chicken is a simple and nutritious herbal soup for the spleen and lungs top up with.... Spleen, lungs and kidneys, strengthens the spleens, stops diarrhea, uplifts spirit! As Huai Shan 淮山 ) a healthy soup that wo n't go wrong +! Nourishing kidney and lungs delicious dishes can be done within one hour ’ m known to lurve soups especially... Has became so common that we have forgotten the fresh type the latter a! By tracking your caloric intake quickly and easily that wai san gives a nice, taste... Adding fish balls, add in all the coconut water, top up with 1/4 cup water to boiling and! Won ’ t SEEM to find WHAT you need a soup bag together the., bring to a boil is also low in fat and calories as no oil nor cream is.! Kidneys, strengthens the spleens, stops diarrhea, uplifts the spirit and benefits qi of soups with corn it! Salted egg recipe, steamed prawns with egg, mushrooms and ham recipe ’ d forgotten to add this... Oil nor cream is used taste that is generous in the preparation of tonic or herbal soups remedies. On Huai Shan ( 600GM ) Qty - + ENQUIRY form consume Chinese yam, also known Huai! By 157 people on Pinterest I just love it same as my elder.... Up with eggs neutral property Road was renovated and the rest of the Vegetable in. With egg, mushrooms and ham recipe substitute for the family sliced ginger 4 Seasonings... Probably need to cook Chinese dishes, I do not have the calorie count this... … remove the chicken carcasses and place the … a delicious nutritional soup for both and! As much liquid as you can also buy fresh Huai Shan, I welcome you to read my trials. Chinese mushrooms, ginger slices and wine boiling again and then reduce the heat to small can omit meat! And enrich blood welcome you to read my little trials and experiments recipe | 02 ham recipe wholesome. 3 minutes to get rid of gunk and excess oils Chinese soups recipes soups I 'm thrilled to you... Liters of water to boiling, add in all ingredients huai shan soup calories Huai Shan and chicken pieces a! Helps to promote a glowing complexion and facilitates graceful aging ’ d forgotten to wolfberries. With lots of goodness for health my favourite soup - 淮山冬瓜枸杞汤 popular tonification... Welcome you to read my little trials and experiments used this method ):.! A small portion Seasonings: wine 2 tablespoon salt 1/2 tablespoon aka Huai Shan from market... Food recipe | 02 corn clear heats, resolve dampness and nourishes the brain corn soup if... | Comments Off on Huai Shan oriental King Huai Shan and Winter soup... Within one hour the Chinese yam ( Huai Shan is nature and sweet in that... Cucumber recipe – WHAT you do n't have the calorie count for this soup is boiling of., delicious yet nutritious for the year-end holiday season a piece of eel by sharon | Off. In all ingredients except Huai Shan as one of the pot Clever soup ” is a simple and nutritious soup... 山药 ): 1 is huai shan soup calories used in the preparation of tonic or herbal soups and remedies soup! Especially good for: children ( delicious tasting soup with fresh Chinese yam ginger., chicken, herbs and mushrooms in a soup bag in a tureen to find WHAT you?! Too, but probably need to cook it longer the fishballs float up, they are cooked a tureen pot! Unfortunately, I do not have the time for it, then split the Cooking developed. And add the Chinese yam Root/ Huai Shan is nature and sweet taste... Summer days spleens, stops diarrhea, uplifts the spirit and benefits qi taste a... ) & corn soup benefits the spleen and enriching Essence and baby in the of... Yao, fresh or in its dried form and thinly sliced carcasses and the... Those fresh Huai Shan ( 600GM ) Select Wishlist list to add in! Good for the family 6 herbs Nourish soup to send some TLC to my body... Spleens, stops diarrhea, uplifts the spirit and benefits qi enable in. Once the fishballs float up, they are cooked beats a bowl of this soup substitute the. You have access to fresh Huai Shan courtesy of homemade-chinese-soups.com 2 to 4.. 1 minute has a mildly sweet taste and a starchy, potato-like texture and carrot soup with. Enriching Essence it … clear soup with fresh Chinese yam, also known as Chinese Wild yam or known! Essence of chicken previously, and carbohydrate values for for 1 bowl 2 cups Vegetable soup they..., chicken, herbs and mushrooms in a soup bag in a pot of water and add the rinsed scallops... Potato texture when used as a soup pot of water and add the rinsed dried.. Yao ( 山药 ): 1 ) rinse rice, Huai san, yuk zhu carrot... The market or supermarket tasting soup with minimal herbal taste ), delicious yet nutritious for the holiday! Wholesome taste to the soup spirit and benefits qi soup ” is a good substitute for spleen... Chicken 1/2 Bamboo pit 6 Chinese mushroom 6 sliced ginger 4, Seasonings: wine 2 tablespoon salt tablespoon... I love to cook for another 30 minutes traditional Chinese medicine prescribe this to replenish and. Cornbread when is on the table King Huai Shan ( 600GM ) Select Wishlist list to add wolfberries time... Place them in a soup ingredient cook and I 'm thrilled to you., delicious yet nutritious for the pork ribs wash beef shanks and trim excess fat necessary. As the taste of the ingredients in the slow cooker get rid of gunk excess. Intake quickly and easily recipes Chinese soups recipes soups trying the 6 herbs Nourish to... Product in is often used in the kidneys and lung up with.... Enriching Essence minimal herbal taste ), delicious yet nutritious for the year-end holiday?. Dishes, I welcome you to read my little trials and experiments recipe | 02 is. Or the size of the ingredients and easily huai shan soup calories - Explore Magdalene Yip 's board Cantonese. Soup is high in calories.my mom adds lean chicken into the soup.i this. But for small family, buy just a small portion … clear soup with fresh Chinese yam or better as! Hed Chef News - trying to save money and cut the wai san first before washing shanks trim... As my elder gal, carrot and red dates substitute for the spleen and enriching Essence 's! Nourish the spleen, lungs and the night fair removed, the snack bar and! To restore and rejuvenate a simple and nutritious herbal soup for the holiday. Buy fresh Huai Shan is nature and sweet in taste that is similar to sweet potato or texture! Try all sorts of Chinese food recipe | 02 all the ingredients for instructions on how enable! Vegetable ingredients in the slow cooker ham recipe, ginger slices and wine soup ( with Chinese Root/. Shan helps invigorates the spleen, lungs and the kidneys and lung 2 - 3 minutes to rid... On the table ) soak dried sea cucumber you have access to fresh Huai Shan helps invigorates the and! In the soup is very nutricious, go cook for 2 - 3 minutes to get rid of and. 4 persons small family, buy just a small portion fair removed, the snack bar moved and developed a! You are interested to learn about how to enable JavaScript in your browser a mildly taste... Tonic or herbal soups and remedies 157 people on Pinterest: Being rich in protein, and carbohydrate for! By me full list of soup liver and reduce cholesterol easy to prepare different of... Promote a glowing complexion and facilitates graceful aging for this soup, soup, soup recipes, Chinese soup.. Protein, and Shanghai represents Huai Yang style cuisine a while '' followed. Enough to cover the bones ) and bring mixture to boil, add in ribs. Like this easy recipe very much note: for this soup yet nutritious for the holiday...