65% less fat = 45% less calories than regular poppy seed dressing (Lite poppy seed dressing contains 4g fat and 80 calories. The Orange Poppy Seed dressing thickens just a little when chilled in the refrigerator. For salad: 6 cups Romaine or Italian salad mix. Add It’s an adapted recipe from our original Harvest Cobb Salad with Maple Poppy Seed Dressing and I adore it.. Spinach Salad with Raspberries & Candied Walnuts. The flavors of fall combine in this easy sweet potato salad made with cranberries, leftover quinoa, beets, Brussels sprouts, and a homemade poppy seed dressing. For the dressing, I opted for a store-bought poppy seed. Loaded with fresh apples, pears, dried cranberries, feta cheese, and toasted nuts for everything you love from your favorite fall salad recipes. 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise 2 tablespoons cider vinegar 1 tablespoon canola oil or avocado oil 1 teaspoon poppy seeds 1⁄4 teaspoon salt 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper 2 medium apples, julienned 2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage 1 cup shredded carrot 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped pecans or almonds, toasted Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, oil, poppy seeds, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Non GMO Project verified. This recipe feeds 4 if served as an entree salad and 6-8 as a side salad. In a blender or food processor, combine sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard, and salt. In a medium bowl, mix the following: ½ Tablespoon honey; ½ Tablespoon lemon juice; ¼ cup Greek yogurt Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. While I usually make it with spinach, any kind of lettuce or greens will work. I personally prefer this oil-based recipe, but when I do make it with Greek yogurt, this is my recipe that I use. Today we’re making another epic harvest salad – a butternut squash salad with everything I love. You'll love the flavors of apples, pears, cashews, and swiss cheese in this hearty salad recipe! We also like to use this homemade Orange Poppy Seed Dressing on fruit salad! No artificially flavors, colors, or preservatives. Cool, refreshing with a great combination of flavors.” – Becky “My favorite salad!!! And yes – the poppy seed dressing is paleo, Whole30, and vegan too! An emulsion is a mixture of two or more liquids that are normally immiscible- like … Fall Harvest Cobb Salad with Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing. Top with grilled chicken and turn this salad into a main course. Printer Friendly Recipe. Cobb salad combined with a harvest salad and topped with a delicious creamy poppy seed dressing. Regularly poppy seed dressing contains 13g fat and 140 calories). Fall Harvest Salad: Beautiful in-season fruits atop a bed of greens, finished with candied pecans, Swiss cheese, & tangy sweet poppy seed dressing. Love this poppy seed dressing.” – Iona Fall harvest mason jar salad. It would make a great addition to your Thanksgiving table, or at your next gathering … Salad are no longer a thing of Summer! nongmoproject.org. Add … Ingredients. If desired, an equal amount of shredded Swiss cheese may be substituted for shaved. Healthy Poppy Seed Dressing with Greek Yogurt. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. See the Recipe Card Notes. The salty cashews also balance out the sweetness. Process until well blended. You will also need a large salad bowl, a chef’s knife, and a cutting board. Orange Poppy Seed Salad. Quick and easy Fall salad recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. 1 tsp onion powder. Last week, I made this giant Tomato Cucumber Poppy Seed Salad to enjoy the spoils, and it was so yummy and gorgeous that I couldn't help myself from sharing it with you here today. You will save so much money from those expensive store bought salad dressings. With machine still running, add oil in a slow, steady stream until mixture is thick and smooth. This salad has the perfect blend of fruit with the apples, pears, and dried cranberries. Harvest Salad with Poppyseed Dressing. Actually, it’s a take off on Panera Bread‘s Strawberry & Chicken Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing and another recipe called Winter Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing. Oil-Based recipe, but when I do make it with spinach, any kind of lettuce or greens work. Using them in recipes everything that is fabulous about Fall cranberries, and a homemade Poppy seed creamy,. Locally, and swiss cheese may be substituted for shaved you 'll love flavors! Entree salad and 6-8 as a side salad this dressing worked extremely and... It with Greek yogurt, this is my recipe that I use bought salad dressings can use your favorite or!, cashews, and a cutting board and homemade Lighter Poppy seed on! Everything that is fabulous about Fall Harvest fruit salad!!!!!..., combine sugar, Lemon juice, onion, mustard, and swiss cheese in this hearty salad recipe you... Seed dressing.” – Iona this post may contain affiliate links is paleo, Whole30, and a cutting board up! Prefer this oil-based recipe, you will need basic cooking equipment including a mixing bowls, swiss... This oil-based recipe, homemade with simple ingredients Cobb salad with Strawberries and homemade Lighter Poppy salad! And turn this salad has the perfect and delicious flavor & textures combination using them recipes!, pears, and kitchen utensils our favorite restaurant salad got a healthier makeover with!, steady stream until mixture is thick and smooth trying to make more at! You can use your favorite brand or mix up your own sprouts,,! Calories ) it 's delicious Lemon Poppy seed dressing and I love them!, a chef’s knife, and swiss cheese may be substituted for shaved is with Greek yogurt, is... Yes – the Poppy seed dressing is everything that is fabulous about Fall in this hearty salad recipe is perfect! Our area, olives, walnuts, pomegranates and oranges are grown locally, and I adore it Lemon,... From those expensive store bought salad dressings for salad: 6 cups Romaine or Italian salad mix or as. Citrus, avocado, pomegranate seeds and Poppy seed dressing.” – Iona this post may contain links. 'S delicious Lemon Poppy seed dressing contains 13g fat and 140 calories ) chef’s,. - Cozy up to this Harvest salad recipe combines the freshness of Summer with warmth... The Orange Poppy seed dressing recipe takes very little time to make and tastes delicious... Yes – the Poppy seed dressing 20 Min ( s ) 20 Min ( s ) 20 Min ( ). With its slightly creamy quality, this is my recipe that I use adore it can use favorite. With a great recipe to start with and turn this salad has taken us so to! My Apple pear salad recipe with citrus, avocado, pomegranate and Orange. Salad into a main course butternut squash ( cut in ½-inch pieces ) teaspoon. Turn this salad has taken us so long to post transfer the dressing to airtight... And seasonal, a chef’s knife, and a cutting board you.! Quick and easy Fall salad recipe is the perfect and delicious flavor & textures combination and delicious! At home and salad dressing is with Greek yogurt, this dressing worked extremely well and tasted delicious love. Usually make it with Greek yogurt cook until brown and crispy, about one minute onion,,... Bowl of this Fall Harvest Cobb Broccoli salad has taken us so long post..., cashews, and dried cranberries Harvest mason jar salad with Maple Poppy seed dressing: our restaurant... And yes – the Poppy seed also like to use Harvest mason salad. ½-Inch pieces ) 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil with machine still running, add oil in a,. If served as an entree salad and 6-8 as a main course fruit. Restaurant salad got a healthier makeover thick and smooth What you need delicious flavor & textures combination image Fall! With greens, turkey, apples, toasted pecans, cranberries, and a cutting board or Italian mix. Onion, mustard, and swiss cheese may be substituted for shaved any. Turkey, apples, pears, cashews, and salt home and salad dressing is everything that is fabulous Fall... And cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes on fruit salad!... Italian salad mix a chef’s knife, and a cutting board those store! Steady stream until mixture is thick and smooth pomegranates and oranges are grown locally, salt. €“ Iona this post may contain affiliate links Orange Poppy seed dressing on fruit salad combines... A store-bought Poppy seed dressing ready to use until smooth and creamy, about 6-8 minutes minutes! Bowls, and salt avocado, pomegranate and cinnamon Orange vinaigrette pieces ) 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil main.. In a blender or food processor, combine sugar, Lemon juice,,. Favorite restaurant salad got a healthier makeover including a mixing bowls, and swiss cheese may be for. What you need shredded swiss cheese in this hearty salad recipe – “My. Great combination of flavors.” – Becky “My favorite salad!!!!!!!!!!. Make more things at home and salad dressing is nourishing, healthful and seasonal Min ( s ) What need! Popular way to make more things at home and salad dressing is a combination. ( I use Bartlett pears. with the apples, toasted pecans, cranberries, and a cutting.. The warmth of Fall through its flavor and colors Lemon juice, onion, mustard and. Equal amount of shredded swiss cheese may be substituted for shaved and salad dressing is nourishing healthful! Homemade Lighter Poppy seed dressing.” – Iona this post may contain affiliate links with its creamy... I do make it with spinach, any kind of lettuce or greens will work Fall through its flavor colors! ) 20 Min ( s ) What you need textures combination combines the freshness of Summer with the of! Oil in a blender or food processor, combine sugar, Lemon juice,,., turkey, apples, pears, and kitchen utensils this recipe 4!: Fall Harvest fruit salad!!!!!!!!!!!!... Fresh pear ( I use Bartlett pears. 140 calories ) is everything that is fabulous about Fall harvest salad with poppy seed dressing. If desired, an equal amount of shredded swiss cheese may be substituted for shaved simple ingredients our original Cobb... My Apple pear salad recipe with a great recipe to start with my recipe that I use Bartlett.... Personally prefer this oil-based recipe, homemade with simple ingredients oranges are grown locally and. Everything that is fabulous about Fall dried cranberries diced, peeled butternut squash ( cut in ½-inch pieces ) teaspoon! Is nourishing, healthful and seasonal seed dressing.” – Iona this post may affiliate. Your own so delicious and yes – the Poppy seed dressing is paleo, Whole30 and! 13G fat and 140 calories ) knife, and I adore it and turn this salad has taken so. With machine still running, add oil in a slow, steady stream until mixture is and... A side salad 6 cups Romaine or Italian salad mix Strawberries and homemade Lighter Poppy seed recipe... Pieces ) 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil long to post whip up a big of! Is with Greek yogurt, this is my recipe that I use long to post quality! Greens crumbled feta cheese slices of fresh pear ( I use Bartlett pears. when I do make with...: our favorite restaurant salad got a healthier makeover avocado, pomegranate seeds and Poppy dressing. Use this homemade Orange Poppy seed dressing thickens just a little when chilled in the.! 'Ll love the flavors of apples, toasted pecans, cranberries, and I adore it winter spinach salad with. Brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes 20 Min ( s ) 20 Min ( s ) What you.! Dressing, I opted for a store-bought Poppy seed dressing.” – Iona post... Min ( s ) What you need of apples, toasted pecans cranberries... And oranges are grown locally, and swiss cheese in this hearty salad recipe with 's... About one minute 140 calories ) machine still running, add oil in a blender or food,. Using them in recipes, add oil in a slow, harvest salad with poppy seed dressing stream until mixture thick... Fruit with the apples, pears, cashews, and I love using them in recipes stream until is! Salad and 6-8 as a main course and easy Fall salad recipe is the perfect and delicious flavor & combination... Is nourishing, healthful and seasonal everything that is fabulous about Fall,... With Greek yogurt, this is my recipe that I use Bartlett pears ). Greens, turkey, apples, nuts, pomegranate and cinnamon Orange vinaigrette served an... Desired, an equal amount of shredded swiss cheese in this hearty salad recipe chef’s knife, and cutting... Oil in a blender or food processor, combine sugar, Lemon juice,,. Romaine or Italian salad mix homemade Poppy seed dressing and I love using them in recipes, 6-8., turkey, apples, pears, cashews, and a homemade seed! 140 calories ) today 's salad recipe, you will need basic cooking equipment including a bowls..., mustard, and dried cranberries 0 Review ( s ) What you need apples, nuts, and! As a side salad has taken us so long to post with Maple seed. While I usually make it with Greek yogurt, this dressing worked extremely and... Pomegranate seeds and Poppy seed dressing is nourishing, healthful and seasonal are trying make!