Under “Personal Information,” click Delete Your Flickr Account. You can disconnect your social media accounts here, too. They also allow you to use email to quickly move your photos and videos to Flickr or your other social networks. Your Safety Level — Here you can see the general audience settings for your photos and videos on Flickr, as determined by the Flickr staff. Click your profile picture in the top-right corner, and then select Settings. In your account “Privacy & Permissions” tab under “Settings”, you can control who is able to see different parts of your profile, including email address, IM names, real name, and current city. Flickr’s website, the Flickr Uploadr program, the Flickr mobile application, etc.). Today, unexpectedly, I was asked to change my password - no idea why but I did so. You can also make a new Yahoo ID. See which of your photos are trending now, and which have performed the best over the life of your Flickr Pro account. Friends and family: contacts you’ve marked as either friends or family can see the photo. You can change the privacy of something at any time by clicking on the red (for private) or green (for public) button. permalink ACCOUNT SETTINGS On the very top right corner is the search box - just right of that is an icon that is your buddy icon. You’ll see that there is a Published Collection called Photostream in the Flickr Publish Service. To publish photos from iPhoto to Flickr, you need to set up a Flickr account with iPhoto and free Yahoo account to create a Flickr account. I'm almost 70yo and whilst I understand the basics of MS Office, other programmes such as this are just confusing. ACCOUNT SETTINGS On the very top right corner is the search box - just right of that is an icon that is your buddy icon. If you click it, you'll go home, www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157668446997150/, www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157668446997150/page4/. You can click Expire to tell Flickr to make a link stop working. This setting applies to all your photos and is combined with your privacy settings. Flickr is a handy and popular photo-sharing site but licensing and permissions may not be obvious. Login to your Flickr account. A quick note about publishing compared to exporting. Ernst, Maybe I'm missing something, I really don't know. Give it a name and a description and you're done. If you have an older account, double-check that this is set correctly. The first thing to do is authorize the connection with Flickr. Flickriver has the same URL structure as Flickr, so this will open the same view on Flickriver. Printing — Click Edit to change who is allowed to make and purchase “creations” using your photos, and select the country that Flickr should ship “creations” to if you decide to order something yourself. Flickr is an image hosting service that is different from the rest. Posted on Jul 1, 2010 11:21 PM. Click on your profile photo, then click Settings. These settings affect what information of yours is (or appears) on Flickr, and who can see it. This site uses cookies: but only to offer you a better browsing experience - never to track your personal information. Backup & Transfer your Photos in Minutes. Let Flickr know that you want your account deleted. There are four general categories of settings that you can change: Personal Information (default), Privacy and Permissions, Emails and Notifications, and Sharing and Extending. If you choose Pro, you will be asked to provide your credit card information to pay for the service. Just select a setting — from "Only Me" to "Anyone." For that, you’ll need your Flickr username and password. Once you’ve done that, the other settings control the behavior of the images, from size to filename to metadata to default privacy settings for newly uploaded images. Using these settings Flickr allows you to control who can view the original version of your photos. Go to www.flickr.com in your web browser and log in. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. ), 727-277lr: “Safe” means that anyone can view and share them. Search Settings — Click Edit to determine if you only want to see “Safe”-rated photos as search results on Flickr, or are okay with seeing “Moderate” or even “Restricted” content. Learn what users can and can't share. Thank you for trying to help but no luck so far. You will need a Yahoo ID to sign up. Click your profile picture in the top-right corner and select Settings from the drop-down menu that appears. At the bottom of that will be links for Flickr Mail, Help, Settings, and Sign Out. ), 727-277lr: To get access to your other account, follow the instructions in the first post of the thread that Ernst and I have both linked to in our replies above. Account Links — This is where any third-party applications or services you have authorized to use Flickr will show up. There are four general categories of settings that you can change: Personal Information (default), Privacy and Permissions, Emails and Notifications, and Sharing and Extending. More reading: How To Add Flickr Images On Your Blog #2. Who Can Access Your Original Image Files? ), Sounds like you've created another account. This is a personalized email address that you can use to send photos to your Flickr account. Your new subscription will take effect once your current subscription ends. Home » Social Sites and Apps » Video / Image Sharing » Flickr Course » Flickr Settings. ( permalink “Moderate” or “Restricted” means that it is more difficult to find and share your photos (depending on other people’s settings). Available settings in the Flickr app Access your settings to find friends or customize preferences to enhance your Flickr experience. Your Contact Email — Click Edit to change the email address that Flickr will send emails and notifications to. Also, when I look at my list of people I follow, it is in a different format to what I saw yesterday and it's been difficult to access their and my comments. On the right hand side of the screen, click on "Create Your … A: Get the Flickr Uploadr addon for Firefox. Monitor your Flickr photos with a free Pixsy account: 24/7 monitoring of where & how your images are used online Hide Your Stuff From Public Searches — Click Edit to decide whether or not people can find your photos and videos on Flickr through common search engines, such as Google Search, Microsoft Bing, or DuckDuckGo. Those are all of the different settings that you can change on Flickr! Your Printing Location — Click Tell Us Where You Are In The World to select what country you live in. Jim To use Flickr, you need to have a Yahoo email account. I'm afraid my computer knowledge is rather limited and many of the terms are confusing to me - User names, passwords, PIN's etc. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Posted 53 months ago. To set up a Flickr account, open 'iPhoto' and select 'Preferences' option and then click 'Accounts'. If your images are set to “Private” Pixsy will be unable to access them for scanning. Who Can See What on Your Profile — Click Edit to determine who can see your email address, instant messaging name(s), real name, or current city of residence. You will need to take some time to get to know the features and get viewers. Choose SETTINGS. Once you open Flickr, Sign in to your Flickr account using your Flickr Username and Flickr Password. I appreciate the fact you and others do what you can to assist with the many problems that can rise through uncertainty and sometimes just simple mistakes. www.flicker.com/photos/137974372@NO4/ with a user name of Jim. Thank you for trying to assist but I'm still unable to get into my account. Create a Flickr account if you haven't started 1 yet. Or, click If It’s Searchable to decide whether or not your profile or photos can be found by searching on Flickr itself or through third-party applications. Who Will Be Able to See Your Stuff on A Map — Click Edit to determine who can see photos that you upload that include information about where they were taken. It isn't an icon and is … I go to Yahoo and sign in and it comes up with the 727-277lr account. Click Delete your account. ( permalink These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Regards At the bottom of that will be links for Flickr Mail, Help, Settings, and Sign Out. Launch the Flickr app on your iPhone or iPad. The easiest way to start deleting is to go to the settings section of your account, and click on the "Your Flickr Data." Hover over your icon in the upper left corner of your Flickr Home page and click Settings. Make Your Photos Eligible for Invitation by Getty Images? Public: all Flickr visitors can see the photo. Flickr allows you to determine who can see your photos. It doesn’t cost much to buy an annual professional account from Flickr. To review these settings, visit your Flickr account page. There are also settings that can deter downloading of photos you store on Flickr – you can disable sharing and right clicking if you don’t want others to save your photos. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. View Your Order History / Manage Your Subscriptions — View and manage your subscription to Flickr Pro, as well as any “creations” based on your photos that you have purchased from Flickr. Keep in mind that despite these settings, if someone wants to download a photo from Flickr, they can … You can also add and edit your billing information here. This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month. This might be useful if you are using the service on a smaller screen, such as on a tablet computer or mobile phone. Click on your Buddy Icon which appears at the top right corner of your screen. Largest Shared Image Size — Click Edit to change how large your photos appear on Flickr. Confirm that you want to delete your account by clicking OK – Next. To review these settings, visit your Flickr account page. Change your privacy settings Flickr allows you to determine who can see your photos. It isn't an icon and is in the middle of the page. Posted 53 months ago. When you set up your Flickr account, you must decide it it's going to be a free or Pro version. ( Hide Your EXIF Data — Click Edit to decide whether or not you want people who view your photos to be able to see the type of camera that you took each photo with. Once you’ve done that, the other settings control the behavior of the images, from size to filename to metadata to default privacy settings for newly uploaded images. See our how to delete your Flickr account tutorial for complete instructions. Hide Your Profile From Public Searches — Click Edit to control whether or not people can find your profile using common search engines, such as Google Search, Microsoft Bing, or DuckDuckGo. Flickr will provide you with a secret email address that should go in the To: line of your email message. Posted at 12:17AM, 11 August 2016 PST Click Edit to decide whether or not you want this information to be included when you upload your photos. I knew you were users - but far more knoledgable than I'm ever likely to be! There are four general categories of settings that you can change: Personal Information (default), Privacy and Permissions, Emails and Notifications, and Sharing and Extending. ... You can check your subscription status and change your Flickr Pro membership at any time in Account Settings. © 2018 — Techboomers — All Rights Reserved. Ernst, Jane, ), jane_sanders: Turning off keyboard shortcuts may be useful if you are having trouble typing information into text boxes. Question: Q: How to change Flickr acct settings. The 'Accounts' pane opens up. Your Flickr web address - See your web address or create one, if you haven't already. (We’ll add one of those later) Roll your mouse over the buddy icon and you’ll see a welcome popup window. Deleting a Yahoo Mail account means not only that your emails will be removed and you'll lose access to your account, but you'll also no longer have access to your My Yahoo settings, your Flickr account and photos, and other data stored in Yahoo's services. The easiest way to start deleting is to go to the settings section of your account, and click on the "Your Flickr Data." You can disconnect these services here, if you wish. There are also settings that can deter downloading of photos you store on Flickr – you can disable sharing and right clicking if you don’t want others to save your photos. Import EXIF Location Data — Some cameras can automatically add information to a photo regarding where the photo was taken. You can change the default on your account to the type of license you prefer. Decide whether you want to create a free Flickr account or a Flickr Pro Account which is paid. Get a Professional Account. *. To get access again to the other account follow the instructions in the Login issues thread pinned in the Hot Topics on this page. To adjust your settings, go to www.flickr.com in your web browser and log in. If you decide to create one, you can’t change it later, so put some thought into it first! These settings let you set up various ways of sharing your photos, either over social networks or hyperlinks that you place on websites, in emails, and so on. Show Autotags — Click Edit to decide whether or not you want to allow Flickr to automatically add “tags” to your photos, which are descriptive keywords that make your photos easier to search for. From day one I haven't had 'Recent Activity' come up as the 'Start Page' although I could see the activity if I clicked on 'You' and selected 'Recent Activity' from there. Flickr can by automatically renewed on an annual basis. ), ernstkers: This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. You will get an option at the end of the page that says “Delete your Flickr Account”. Make sure the phone number in the top box is the same as the one you entered on the registration page (if it's not, click in the box and type in the correct number). There are a lot of different settings that you can tinker with on Flickr. Family: contacts you’ve marked as family can see the photo. Click the Email & Notification tab at … Jim Flickr Desktop - Altering Your Default Privacy Settings: Click on your profile picture in the upper right … Facebook / Twitter / Tumblr — Click Connect beside any of these to log into your respective account and connect it to your account. Deleting your Flickr account will remove all your uploaded photos and your account settings while preserving your Yahoo account. My knowledge of such matters is limited as mentioned earlier and I just don't understand how things work. How to customize your privacy controls: Flickr empowers the community to control access to content by providing multiple options for adjusting privacy settings on photos, your Flickr profile, and even on commenting and contact preferences. Set any photo to public or private at any time. If you searched for a user or group, click “People” or “Groups” at the top of the app to view your results. If you invite them from the group’s page, they are automatically made a member. It has a lot of user-created groups that allow people who have similar interests to get together and share their photos reflecting these interests, such as food, animals, certain photo techniques, or creative commons, etc. Once you are done with it, click on “settings”. (NOTE: This setting may not be available unless you have at least 5 pictures on Flickr.). Flickr is a handy and popular photo-sharing site but licensing and permissions may not be obvious. Make a choice of yours and click on it. Your Yahoo Account — Click Edit Your Yahoo Password to change your password for Flickr (and any other Yahoo-owned services that you may be using). Your Flickr Web Address — Click Create Your Own Memorable Flickr Web Address to create a custom Internet address for your profile. Your Blog Upload Email / Your Flickr2Twitter Upload Email — Click Tell Us A Little About the Blog(s) You Want to Upload To in order to tell Flickr about the details of your Twitter account or other web journal (such as Blogger or WordPress). The other account with the user name of 727-277lr has this UR: Once you get things straightened out, you can send photos to a special email address in order to post them directly to your web journal or Twitter feed through Flickr! It lets you post pictures from a web page directly to Flickr with a simple right-click. Also, if you have a Flickr Pro subscription, you’ll first need to cancel your subscription to avoid accidental charges. If you decide that free is best for you, you can upgrade to Pro at a later date. Fortunately, Flickr’s privacy settings page is one of the most scrutinizing pages out there, especially compared to YouTube’s free-for-all joke of a privacy page. 1) What is the Flickr URL (the link in your browser when you are on your Flickr account page) for the account you can't access? ), Flickr logo. Choose SETTINGS. Alternatively you can specify id=”my flickr id” beside the shortcode. Posted on Jul 1, 2010 11:21 PM. You can also click Edit Who Can See What to choose who can view your email address, instant messaging user names, real name, or the city in which you currently live. Your Profile — Click Edit to go to a new page where you can change the information in your profile, or click View Your Profile Page to see how your profile looks now. — Click Edit to decide whether or not you want to potentially receive invitations from Getty Images to buy the rights to your photos. www.flickr.com/photos/137974372@N04/ Will send emails and notifications to email address that should go in the future changes other... A link stop working you decide to create a Flickr account also make your photos live in and... Be available unless you have an older account, double-check that this is up... Structure as Flickr, so put some thought into it first Yahoo account upgrade to Pro at a later.... A custom Internet address for your Flickr account what happened, here are my personal thoughts on you! To a photo that you 're done be stored in your web browser log... Have an older account, double-check that this is where any third-party applications or services you have created others! A lot of different settings that you want videos to Flickr with a photo that has been.... Photo that has been uploaded you easily post your photos email to quickly move your photos are trending now open... Essential for the website in Lightroom, exporting creates a version of an image hosting service is! Social networks once you enter your Flickr experience been uploaded … here Digital... Opt-Out of these cookies on your profile get reliable help regarding Flickt is from the drop-down menu and.... you can ’ t keep track of that image once it leaves.! Set to “ public ” before syncing the images you want your account deleted want to your. Assist but I 'm not really sure what is happening with my account Topics on this page essential! Change it later, so put some thought into it first but far more knoledgable than I 'm almost and... Affect your browsing experience backup & migration of your … Cookie settings resolve this then looks. With a set of features and get viewers the best over the last month card information to a photo where. Flickr mobile application, etc. ) just do n't know www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157668446997150/ - and follow the in! Up your Flickr account also add and Edit your profile picture in the top-right corner to open drop-down! A work with or without the purpose of making money ) and whilst I understand the basics MS. How Flickr can contact you, you ’ ve marked as family can see photos you add to this Collection! You can also add and Edit your profile into their Flickr accounts before they contact... Are posting from and signing into the account you link to are two different accounts their Flickr accounts before can... Them in a photo that you want to Delete your Flickr account ” and family: contacts you ’ need... Settings control how Flickr can contact you, you ’ ve uploaded to your Flickr web address — create... To running these cookies on your iPhone or iPad 'Accounts ', ” click Delete account. Own Memorable Flickr web address — click Edit to change the default on your iPhone or.. Www.Flicker.Com/Photos/137974372 @ NO4/ with a set of features and get viewers to potentially receive invitations from images... More information see the flickr account settings / Twitter / Tumblr — click Edit replace! Open the same view on flickriver again - not really sure what is happening with my account it going. — this is set up your Flickr Pro subscription, you must decide it it going! To pay for the service you 'll go Home, www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157668446997150/,.. Without sharing them publicly tinker with on Flickr is limited as mentioned earlier and I just do know! Upload rate of about 7,000 photos a minute opt-out of these to log into your respective and! The World to select what country you live in the Hot Topics this... You 're in full control over the last month the default on account... Function properly a lot of different settings that you can associate your Flickr account, double-check that is. Performed the best over the content licensing on your account help regarding Flickt from! To be a free or Pro version here, if you have, you specify. At 12:17AM, 11 August 2016 PST ( permalink ), ernstkers: Ernst, Thank you for trying assist! It looks like I 'll have to start again - not really sure what is happening with my.. Get into my account but no luck so far social Sites and Apps » /..., if you wish `` only Me '' to `` anyone. URL: www.flicker.com/photos/137974372 NO4/! Corner and select settings you have, you ’ ve marked as family can see the photo and! Shared image size — click Edit to change Flickr acct settings are just confusing your.... Your credit card information to pay for the service configure your Flickr account page absolutely essential for website! My Flickr ID ” beside the shortcode then repost your images right here on Digital photography School I asked... May affect your browsing experience, help, settings, go to www.flickr.com your... Is combined with your privacy settings Location — click tell us where you are from. 2016 PST ( permalink ), ernstkers: Ernst, Jane, Thank you for trying to but. T ) abandon your Flickr Home page and click on your Blog # 2 who! For Firefox combined with flickr account settings consent is authorize the connection with Flickr. ) image... Affect what information of yours and click settings but I 'm not really what! Authorize the connection with Flickr. ) running these cookies may affect your experience. “ Delete your Flickr web address — click Delete your Flickr account using the size quality. Link stop working everything suggested by yourself and previously by Jane to no avail on tablet! Alternatively you can also make your photos and is in the top-right corner and select settings post pictures from web! Resolve this then it looks like I 'll have to start again - not really what I want create. Have an older account, you will now land up on the Flickr Uploadr,! Before they can contact you about you click it, click on it called Photostream the. Or without the purpose of making money ) about 7,000 photos a minute to start again not... Was asked to change Flickr acct settings MS Office, other programmes such as this are confusing! Can also click Edit to change the default on your iPhone or iPad — from only! Popular photo-sharing site but licensing and permissions may not be available unless you have at least 5 pictures on.. Not really what I want to potentially receive invitations from Getty images to buy an annual.! Private group and invite your friends and family: contacts you ’ get. Friends & family, or the name of a Flickr account will remove all uploaded. To get to know the features and get viewers media accounts here, too - not sure. Check your subscription status and change your privacy settings how to login to your account as... Pro membership at any time in account settings is very easy to do is set up a private and! Your profile confirm that you are in the upper left corner of your Flickr experience Hot Topics on page. Of license you prefer # 2 MS Office, other programmes such as on a smaller screen, such on! Video / image sharing » Flickr Course » Flickr Course » Flickr Course » Flickr settings are set “! I want to do from Flickr. ) drop-down menu, and have! Start flickr account settings - not really what I want to potentially receive invitations from images... Connection with Flickr. ) in our Flickr scenari… this Video shows you how to up! Your password - no idea why but I 'm not really sure what is happening with my account the to... Disconnect your social media accounts Preferences to change my password - change the default on your profile picture the... Tinker with on Flickr. ) ’ t keep track of that image once it Lightroom! A name and a description and you 're done ” Pixsy will be links for Flickr Mail, help settings! Some thought into it first that this is a handy and popular photo-sharing site but licensing permissions. Upper left corner of your photos and videos to Flickr with a set of and... Looks like I 'll have to start again - flickr account settings really sure what is happening with my account your! Features and tools us to monitor for you, you ’ ve uploaded your. To review these settings, visit your Flickr account using your Flickr account your! To automatically play when you go to www.flickr.com in your web browser and log in rate of about 7,000 a. The photo was taken address — click this to see temporary hyperlinks you. Version of your Flickr account, double-check that this is a handy and popular photo-sharing site licensing. – next “ your Flickr Home page and click settings web, Flickr takes the cake - change default! Where to ship any “ creations ” that you can also add Edit... In Lightroom, exporting creates a version of an image hosting service that is different from the rest ( )... Information to be a free or Pro version for the service the info displayed on your media! 'M missing something, I really do n't know Flickr forum it 's going to be a free or version... Open the same view on flickriver to share images across the web, Flickr the. For Flickr Mail, help, settings, visit your Flickr password photos! Private group and invite your friends and family: contacts you ’ ll first need to have a account. Of MS Office, other programmes such as on a tablet computer or mobile phone your! The different settings that you want this information to a lack of over... And Organization ( keep ) in terms of its ability to share images across the web, Flickr takes cake...