It really doesn't make any difference where the locations are because you're never going to see this in real life. "It can deal with harsh shooting conditions such as extremely low temperature and heavy rain," the photographer explained. Note: this post originally had 106 images. Today, it’s doing the same for photographers, and the seventh annual International Landscape Photographer of the Year Awards challenged snappers to present our planet at its best. Your image is too large, maximum file size is 8 MB. Cosy up for Christmas: You've got five days to spend with friends and family... so head for the hills and snuggle up in a charming self-catering property, Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group, These are the winning and shortlisted images in the 2020 International Landscape Photographer of the Year competition, with stunning shots documenting everything from magical mountains in Norway to dramatic storm clouds over, Scooping the top prize and the title of 'photographer of the year' (an award based on a folio submission of at least four images) was Kelvin Yuen from, German photographer Kai Hornung snared the 'photograph of the year' prize (awarded for a single image) for his striking aerial photo of a stream in the highlands of Iceland. 07. Check your inbox, and click on the link to activate your account. Very nice photo. Kai really impressed the judges with his mesmerizing aerial shot of a stream in the highlands of Iceland. Almost 850 landscape photographers from around the world submitted their best work to the 2019 International Landscape Photographer of the Year competition. Dec 20. 4th year in Vilnius Gediminas Technical University as a graphic designer. The river reminds me of a snake. I find the image stabilization of both lenses provides a lot of flexibility when shooting in conditions where it is hard to set up a tripod. The winning portfolio from Hong Kong photographer, Kelvin Yuen. From 2394 entries, the winner of the third International Landscape Photographer of the Year (based on a folio submission of at least 4 images) is Alex Noriega from the USA.Cash prize is US $5,000, trophy, inclusion and feature in the International Landscape Photographer of the Year Awards 2016 Book, and a printed copy of the International Landscape Photographer of the Year Awards 2016 Book. Any ideas? To be considered for this category, entrants had to include at least four different shots in their submission. Craig called the shot Fjord Head, This beautiful image of the Sierra Nevada mountain range in California was snapped by Simon Xu and made the top 101 photos, Another image by Simon Xu that made the top 101 image ranking. We have sent an email to the address you provided with an activation link. Cash prize of US $500, trophy, inclusion in the International Landscape Photographer of the Year Awards 2016 Book, and a printed copy of the International Landscape Photographer of the Year Awards 2016 Book. Canadian photographer Nadia Aly was named Ocean Photographer of the Year … Please use high-res photos without watermarks. He is a landscape photographer who has turned his passion and hobby into a side job. Definitely a tonic for troubled times. I didn't know the sky could look like that. How was this taken? "Most of my wide-angle images are taken with a Laowa 12mm f2.8 lens and I love the distorted perspective it creates. Hey Pandas, What Is The Most Amazing Fact You Know? We're asking people to rethink comments that seem similar to others that have been reported or downvoted, By using our services you agree to our use of cookies to improve your visit. All these photos deserve to be in the first place :), https://www.boredpanda.com/landscape-photographer-of-the-year-2020/, https://www.boredpanda.com/landscape-photography-contest-winners-independent-photo/, https://www.boredpanda.com/landscape-photography-competition-agoraimages/, Bored Panda works better on our iPhone app. They were all beautiful, but a little les editing would be appreciated, they didn’t look like photos at all. Login. There were almost 3,000 entries from photographers around the globe, leaving the judges with a headache to whittle them down. The contest, which received 2,604 submissions, aims to select the 101 best landscape images to be made into a book that will eventually be available in various formats, including as a free ebook. The Landscape Photographer of the Year competition celebrates all that is great about the British landscape. Oct 20 . Get the latest inspiring stories via our awesome iOS app! In the end, it was 24-year-old photographer Kelvin Yuen from Hong Kong who was named International Landscape Photographer of the Year for his strong portfolio. Almost 850 landscape photographers from around the world submitted their best work to the 2019 International Landscape Photographer of the Year competition. The winners of the fifth International Landscape Photographer of the Year competition have been announced, with stunning shots documenting everything from magical mountains to glistening lakes and dark, forbidding forests. Feast Your Eyes on the Jaw-Dropping Winners of International Landscape Photographer of the Year 2020 We are no longer accepting comments on this article. The International Landscape Photographer of the Year recognizes the best landscape photographs and their photographers from around the world. Scroll down below to see them and don't forget to vote for the ones that impressed you the most! LPOTY Collection 13 Book Available to buy now. looks like somone is getting a storm up there, "Landscape photography combines the joy of the outdoors and being creative," Kai, the winner of the seventh International Landscape Photograph of the Year, told in a press release for Bored Panda. Oooh! Exclusive for Mail on Sunday readers: Tour London's Royal... Dreaming of a 2021 holiday of a lifetime? Kai Hornung, the winner of the seventh International Landscape Photograph of the Year, is a German landscape photographer who has been able to turn his passion and hobby of photography into a side job as a freelance photographer and artist. This is one of the images - 'Magical Night' - … These are the winning and shortlisted images in the 2020 International Landscape Photographer of the Year … Can do whatever he sets his mind to. Oleg Ershov from Moscow, Russia, is the overall winner. Be recognized and rewarded for your photographic accomplishments, submit your best work to the International Photographer of the Year And after graduating from university in 2018, I have been able to travel around the world and have become a full-time professional landscape photographer. Your account is not active. Some of these photo looks like a painting, beautiful! International Landscape Photographer of the Year winners revealed November 18, 2020. Oceanographic Magazine announced the winners and finalists for its annual Ocean Photographer of the Year awards. "[It] is our main prize, acknowledging the additional skill and artistry required to produce a portfolio of landscape photographs," Peter Eastway, Chairman of Judges, told in a press release about the "Photographer of the year" award. LPOTY founder Charlie Waite chats to Ben Osborne, winner of Wildlife Photographer of the Year, about the positives of entering photography competitions. That looks really, really good. These are the winning and shortlisted images in the 2020 International Landscape Photographer of the Year competition, with stunning shots documenting everything from magical mountains in Norway to dramatic storm clouds over Kansas and the lush green forest of Wistman's Wood in Dartmoor National Park. Please enter your email to complete registration. It was named as one of the judges' top 101 pictures, A serene shot of Northeast Greenland National Park by photographer Craig McGowan. The photo, called Morning Majesty, features in the judges' top 101 images list. This year’s competition also brought forth stunning images from new award categories: The Snow and Ice Award which went to Bulgarian photographer Vaseline Atanasov, The Lone Tree Award … From lush green forests to dramatic star-studded skies, the stunning winner shots of the 2020 International Landscape Photographer of the Year … "So, should landscape photography highlight the global challenges that lie ahead if we don’t change our ways, or is it an opportunity to create a landscape of the imagination, perhaps a better place to be? Nov 20. From that pool of entries, 101 were recognized as Top Photographs. This should be higher up. I mean there are filters and so on, not onky landscaping shot work ???? Also, vertical panoramas are one of my favourite techniques, as some perspectives cannot be captured with a single shot. Scroll down to see a selection of the winners and shortlisted entries - which one is your favourite? This is our seventh year of the International Landscape Photographer of the Year Awards and with the current global pandemic, we’re really interested to see what photographers enter. How can you make a post showing beautiful landscapes and not explain where any of the motives are located? I also use Sigma’s 14mm f1.8 for night photography, plus there’s a Tamron 15-30mm f2.8 and Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 which cover most of my requirements. Definitely a tonic for troubled times. © Isabella Tabacchi/International Landscape Photographer of the Year 2020 The winner of this year’s ILPOTY awarded for a single image is Kai Hornung from Germany. ", "For photo competitions, the International Landscape Photographer of the Year award has been my only focus for the past four years," Kelvin revealed. "Within the last few years I have started to turn my attention away from the grand and dramatic vistas, towards the more intimate and sometimes abstract scenes. And it feels very rewarding to have images that are truly my own, images that I discovered (or that found me), rather than just the ‘point and click’ process at famous locations," Kai Hornung explained. 07. It made the judges' top 101 images list, Photographer Zhu Xiao made it into the judges' top 101 images list with this incredible nighttime snap of the red dunes of Sossusvlei in Namibia, An atmospheric shot of Motukiekie Beach on the west coast of New Zealand's South Island by Russian photographer Sergey Aleshchenko. The expert panel of judges narrowed a field of 3,400 images to select the best portfolio and single photograph. See this year's best wedding photography in various categories. Competition entries open to all. And the fact that being awarded in one of the most prestigious contests in the world is a huge accomplishment for any photographer, simply cannot be denied," German photographer Kai Hornung said. Since then, I have travelled within Europe extensively, trying to capture the beauty of nature and shaping my artistic vision," the German photographer explained. The expert panel of judges, which includes last year’s winner, narrowed a field of 3,400 images to … Charlie Waite chats to Wildlife Photographer of the Year winner Ben Osborne. Everything is edited. "Within the landscape photography community, the International Landscape Photographer of the Year is the most important photo contest in the world. The trees in the background look very nice, Looks like it's been splashed with blue paint, I love the tiny hints of sunlight that make it through. We will not publish or share your email address in any way. German photographer Kai Hornung snared the 'photograph of the year' prize (awarded for a single image) for his striking aerial photo of a stream in the highlands of Iceland. The overall winner was Kelvin Yuen from Hong Kong, who triumphed with a series of mountain photos taken all over the world, in locations as diverse as Utah and the Scottish Highlands. From vast spaces to abstract patterns, the winning photos show the immense beauty of the world that surrounds us. Please provide your email address and we will send your password shortly. With a gorgeously composed set of almost mythical fantasy-styled images, Canadian photographer Adam Gibbs has taken the top prize in this years International Landscape Photographer of the Year … From vast spaces to abstract patterns, the winning photos show the immense beauty of the world that surrounds us. I feel like the lack of post-editing "regulations" makes it an entirely different contest then. These look like paintings and bear little resemblance to reality. These are the winning and shortlisted images in the 2020 International Landscape Photographer of the Year … Called Beyond, it shows the stunning landscape in Mount Rainier National Park, Washington, American David Swindler is the photographer behind this awesome top 101 image - Lightning Rainbow - which was snapped in southern Arizona, An incredible shot of Hintersee, a lake in Berchtesgaden National Park in Germany. Before then, I had only used my camera here and there to document family life and travels. /r/photography is a place to politely discuss the tools, technique and culture of photography. The winning and shortlisted images have been announced in the 2020 International Landscape Photographer of the Year competition. Hence, you are very likely correct that this photo was edited to achieve a more "surreal" and other-worldly look. Kelvin Yuen from Hong Kong was named the overall winner of the 2020 International Landscape Photographer of the Year competition. This is not a good place to simply share cool photos or promote your work, but rather a place to discuss photography as an art and post things that would be of interest to other photographers. Bored Panda works better on our iPhone app! Stone? ", I just want to sit there and smell the flowers. Magical Night, Norway, Tromsø by Kelvin Yuen (Hong Kong). Exactly. The winning and shortlisted images have been announced in the 2020 International Landscape Photographer of the Year competition. Winner, International Landscape Photographer the Year For the seventh year, the International Landscape Photographer of the Year competition highlights the beauty of our environment. "“Fortunately, there isn’t a single answer to this and similar questions and each photographer is entitled to follow their own path. In addition, the judges shortlisted their top 101 images submitted to the contest, which have been brought together in an eBook on the International Landscape Photographer of the Year website. This beguiling image of hers shows the Vilyuchik stratovolcano, located on Russia's Kamchatka Peninsula, garlanded by clouds and with yellow rhododendron in the foreground, This stunning image, by Nick Green, features in the judges' top 101 image list. Over 3,800 entries flooded in from all over the world, and the 101 top-ranking images will feature in a book showcasing the best of 2020’s efforts. I read the contest rules and there were no restrictions imposed for digital post-editing, which I thought was rather strange. Be recognized and rewarded for your photographic accomplishments, submit your best work to the International Photographer of the Year Over 3,000 images were submitted to six categories. (© Kelvin Yuen.) 2020 Award Winners Gallery. It honours artistic and visual craftsmanship, combined with the love for nature, unlike any other contest. The International Landscape Photographer of the Year 2020 - Second Place Joshua Snow, USA (Image credit: Joshua Snow, The International Landscape Photographer of the Year) Kelvin Yuen from Hong Kong has won the seventh International Landscape Photographer of the Year contest – plus a prize of US$10,000 cash. Some looked distorted. This one, also in the top 101 list, is called Banquet, Another Yuekai Du masterpiece, this time of Monte Fitz Roy in Argentinian Patagonia under a blanket of stars. It's called Life Streams and was taken by Kai Hornung in the highlands of Iceland, This dramatic image, called Chaos over Kansas, was taken by Frederic Couzinier near the city of Winona. For the second year in a row, professional and amateur landscape photographers from all over the world submitted entries to the International Landscape Photographer of the Year competition. The International Landscape Photographer of the Year (ILPOTY) has announced the winners of the 2019 contest. "I’m 24 years old and I’ve been taking photos for six years since borrowing my cousin's camera for a hiking day trip to Lion Rock Peak," the artist told in a press release for Bored Panda. The depth of field was way off in some of the pics. Winners of International Landscape Photographer of the Year revealed dailymail.co.uk - Jennifer Newton. Amateur Russian photographer Oleg Ershov has won the International Landscape Photographer of the Year award with a folio of spectacular vertical images. Having had an image in last year’s book was, and still is, a true honour for me.". Hey Pandas, What Is The Funniest Meme You’ve Seen This Year? The colors are inverted on the outer rainbow (blue on the outside and red on the inside) so pretty with the flowering cacti! Within the last four years, landscape photography has become my main creative outlet. Rive’s accomplishments for 2017 were twofold, as he also took home the award for International Landscape Photograph of the Year, which is given to a single image. Photo by Tyler Kuulkers. The Landscape Photographer of the Year competition celebrates all that is great about the British landscape. The International Landscape Photographer of the Year contest has revealed its top prize winners. Stray Cat Brings All Her Babies To A Woman Who Gave Her Food And Helped Her, 25 Portraits Of Rare And Endangered Birds That Look Simply Stunning, This Grandpa-To-Be Shows His Son How To Bathe A Baby By Using A Cat As An Example, This Guy Transformed A 1961 VW Beetle Deluxe Into A Black Matte Roadster, White Politician Forgets To Switch Accounts, Starts Commenting As A Black Trump Supporter, My Friend Told Me To Post My Photographs On Bored Panda And It Kickstarted My Career, We Are A Small Cat Rescue Shelter In Romania, And We Rescued Over 200 Cats In 3 Years (12 Pics), Hey Pandas, Draw The Bored Panda Mascot And Post Your Result Here, 32 Seemingly Normal Things About American Schools That Confuse The Hell Out Of Non-Americans, Hey Pandas, What Are Some Of The Best Optical Illusions You've Seen. Scooping the top prize and the title of 'photographer of the year' (an award based on a folio submission of at least four images) was Kelvin Yuen from Hong Kong and his striking mountain photos snapped around the globe in locations such as the Scottish Highlands and Utah. The International Landscape PhotographER of the Year, whether an enthusiast or a professional entrant, recognises the skill and discipline to create a portfolio of images that stands above the work of your peers. For the second year in a row, professional and amateur landscape photographers from all over the world submitted entries to the International Landscape Photographer of the Year competition. Published: 19:45 GMT, 17 November 2020 | Updated: 09:23 GMT, 18 November 2020. Then again, there is another side of me that is curious to see how my images are perceived by the greatest in the world. "Since then, I have spent most of my free time in the mountains, exploring the spectacular views of nature. The winners of the International Landscape Photographer of the Year. Iceland: This is the ringroad bridge across Skeiðarársandur in the south-east, just south of Vatnajökull glacier. Based in Sydney, Australia, the competition received over 3800 entries from professional artists hoping to win the prize. These challenges have improved my problemsolving skills and give me an opportunity to reach a place I never expected I could in my life. Ice? From the landscape paintings of Constable to the poetry of the Ancient Greeks, the beauty of the natural world has inspired Earth’s greatest artists and writers for longer than history can record. Bláfellsá, Iceland by Oleg Ershov (Russian Federation), Winner, The International Landscape Photographer of the Year 2019. We respect your privacy. From lush green forests to dramatic star-studded skies, the stunning winner shots of the 2020 International Landscape Photographer of the Year competition have finally been announced. He called the image Oreo, This haunting, misty shot of Hirzel in Switzerland was snapped by photographer Nick Schmid. Hey Pandas, Share The Funniest Knock-Off Brands You've Seen, 50 Of The Best Reactions People Had To Trump Losing The Election, Turns Out, Joe Biden's Dog Major Will Be The First Shelter Dog To Live In The White House In History, 50 Funny Examples Of Cat Beds And Cat Logic, 40 Times Parents Taught Their Kids Lessons But It Got Them Unexpected Results, Baby Beaver Gets Rescued, Ends Up Building ‘Dams’ In Rescuer’s Home Using Random Household Items, 44 People Who Dressed Up For Halloween Thinking Everyone Would But No One Else Did, 16 Times People Overdid Halloween Decorations And Got The Cops Called On Them, Neil Patrick Harris And His Family Just Won Halloween After Unveiling Their 2020 Costumes, Person Running The McDonald’s Twitter Account Shares How Nobody Ever Asks How He's Doing, Receives Support From Various Famous Brand Accounts, Black Mothers Act Out What Might Be The Future Of Their Sons In The US (28 Pics), Guy Built A Bird Feeder That Accepts Bottle Caps For Food, And These Wild Magpies Love It, 30 Times Male Authors Showed They Barely Know Anything About Women, Cat Owners Explain How Cat Body Language Is Often Misinterpreted By 'Dog People', Trolls Call A Photo Of Joe Biden And His Son 'Creepy', People Respond With Similar Pics To Shame Them, This Shop Owner Installed A Glass Ceiling For His Cats And Now They Won't Stop Staring At Him, 30 Of The Funniest Internet-Famous Cat Pics Get Illustrated By Tactooncat, 11 Behind-The-Scenes Pics Of Disney's Famous Scenes, 30 Unusual Maps People Shared On This Group That Might Change Your Perspective On Things, 2020 Miss Mexico Contestants Compete In Traditional Outfits And They Are Amazing (32 Pics), Skirts And Heels Are Not Just For Women, This Guy Proves That Perfectly (30 Pics), Australian Firefighters Pose For Their 2021 Charity Calendar To Treat Injured Wildlife From The Recent Fires (18 Pics), You Can Now Buy A ‘Half Christmas Tree’ If You Hate Decorating The Back And Want To Save Space, 50 Times Car Mechanics Took Pics Of What They Were Dealing With So Others Would Believe Them, White Supremacist Group Makes The #ProudBoys Hashtag A Thing, The Gay Community Hijacks It, The International Landscape Photographer of the Year Award 2020, This Mom Found Out Her Kids’ Grades Went Down Because Of Video Games, And The Way She Dealt With It Is Making Her Go Viral.
Automation Testing Tools, Smirnoff Birthday Cake, Chick Starter Kit, High Protein Gummies, University Of Costa Rica, Knife Display Case Australia, South American Birds List, How Will You Store 800 Million Records In Database, Fiestas Patrias In English, Backyard Patio Paver Design Ideas, Morning Vibes Meaning In Sinhala,