2 Samuel 22:1-51, NLT. Young's Literal Translation And they come unto the threshing-floor of Nachon, and Uzzah putteth forth his hand unto the ark of God, and layeth hold on it, for they released the oxen; 2 Samuel 6:6 Parallel 6 But when they arrived at the threshing floor of Nacon, the oxen stumbled, and Uzzah reached out his hand and steadied the Ark of God. KJV (Narrated) NKJV (Narrated) NKJV (Dramatized) NLT (Dramatized) NIV (Narrated) NIV (Dramatized) NASB (Narrated) RVR60 (Español) (1Ch 13:1–14; 15:25—16:3 ) Tools. David’s Song of Praise. Then King David was told, “The LORD has blessed Obed-edom’s household and everything he has because … [e] So Uzzah died right there beside the Ark of God. 2 He led them to Baalah of Judah to bring back the Ark of God, which bears the name of the Lord of Heaven's Armies, who is enthroned between the cherubim. Then all the people returned to their homes. Then David again gathered all the elite troops in Israel, 30,000 in all. So the battle began in the forest of Ephraim, Don't have an account? 7 Then the Lord’s anger was aroused against Uzzah, and God struck him dead because of this. He named that place Perez-uzzah (which means “to burst out against Uzzah”), as it is still called today. 21 David retorted to Michal, “I was dancing before the Lord, who chose me above your father and all his family! 2 Samuel 6 2 Samuel 6. But those servant girls you mentioned will indeed think I am distinguished!” 23 So Michal, the daughter of Saul, remained childless throughout her entire life. 18 After he had finished sacrificing(AD) the burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, he blessed(AE) the people in the name of the Lord Almighty. Uzzah and Ahio, Abinadab’s sons, were guiding the cart 4 that carried the Ark of God. 16 But as the Ark of the Lord entered the City of David, Michal, the daughter of Saul, looked down from her window. 19 Then he gave to every Israelite man and woman in the crowd a loaf of bread, a cake of dates,[g] and a cake of raisins. 3 They placed the Ark of God on a new cart and brought it from Abinadab’s house, which was on a hill. 22 I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes. 11 The ark of the Lord remained in the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite for three months, and the Lord blessed him and his entire household. 5 David and all the people of Israel were celebrating before the Lord, singing songs[d] and playing all kinds of musical instruments—lyres, harps, tambourines, castanets, and cymbals. 2 Samuel 6 - Then David again gathered all the elite troops in Israel, 30,000 in all. 6 Then David again gathered all the elite troops in Israel, 30,000 in all. She said in disgust, “How distinguished the king of Israel looked today, shamelessly exposing himself to the servant girls like any vulgar person might do!”. 8 Then David was angry because the Lord’s wrath(O) had broken out against Uzzah, and to this day that place is called Perez Uzzah. 2 Samuel 6 :: King James Version (KJV) Strong's. 2Sa 6:2. And when she saw King David leaping and dancing before the Lord, she despised him in her heart. 8 “The Lord is paying you back for all the bloodshed in Saul’s clan. 2 He and all his men went to Baalah[ a] in Judah to bring up from there the ark of God, which is called by the Name,[ b] the name of the Lord Almighty, who is enthroned between the cherubim on the ark. 2 Samuel 6 - NIV: David again brought together all the able young men of Israel—thirty thousand. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. 12 Then King David was told, “The Lord has blessed Obed-edom’s household and everything he has because of the Ark of God.” So David went there and brought the Ark of God from the house of Obed-edom to the City of David with a great celebration. 5 David and all the people of Israel were celebrating before the Lord, singing songs[d] and playing all kinds of musical instruments—lyres, harps, tambourines, castanets, and cymbals. 2 Samuel 6:1–9 Moving the Ark to Jerusalem. 16 But as the Ark of the Lord entered the City of David, Michal, the daughter of Saul, looked down from her window. 2 Samuel 6:5. When she saw King David leaping and dancing before the Lord, she was filled with contempt for him. 13 When those who were carrying the ark of the Lord had taken six steps, he sacrificed(U) a bull and a fattened calf. Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. [e](P), 9 David was afraid of the Lord that day and said, “How(Q) can the ark of the Lord ever come to me?” 10 He was not willing to take the ark of the Lord to be with him in the City of David. 2He led them to Baalah of Judah Baalah of Judah is another name for Kiriath-jearim; compare 1 Chr 13:6. to bring back the Ark of God, which bears … 6 His name was Mephibosheth # 9:6 Mephibosheth is another name for Merib-baal. Wesley's Notes on the Bible. “What are these for?” the king asked Ziba. 6 But when they arrived at the threshing floor of Nacon, the oxen stumbled, and Uzzah reached out his hand and steadied the Ark of God. Then all the people returned to their homes. e So Uzzah died right there beside the Ark of God. 18 When he had finished his sacrifices, David blessed the people in the name of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. So Uzzah died right there beside the Ark of God. 21 David retorted to Michal, “I was dancing before the Lord, who chose me above your father and all his family! 3 They placed the Ark of God on a new cart and brought it from Abinadab's house, which was on a hill. 20 When David returned home to bless his household, Michal daughter of Saul came out to meet him and said, “How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, going around half-naked(AH) in full view of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!”, 21 David said to Michal, “It was before the Lord, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed(AI) me ruler(AJ) over the Lord’s people Israel—I will celebrate before the Lord. 22 Yes, and I am willing to look even more foolish than this, even to be humiliated in my own eyes! And I, too, will reward you for what you have done. 13 After the men who were carrying the Ark of the Lord had gone six steps, David sacrificed a bull and a fattened calf. 3 They placed the Ark of God on a new cart and brought it from Abinadab’s house, which was on a hill. Instead, he took it to the house of Obed-edom of Gath. Listen to the Bible. 2 Samuel 6:21 David retorted to Michal, "I was dancing before the LORD, who chose me above your father and all his family! He had two donkeys loaded with 200 loaves of bread, 100 clusters of raisins, 100 bunches of summer fruit, and a wineskin full of wine. 11 The Ark of the Lord remained there in Obed-edom’s house for three months, and the Lord blessed Obed-edom and his entire household. * So Uzzah died right there beside the Ark of God. He appointed me as the leader of Israel, the people of the Lord, so I celebrate before the Lord. 22 Yes, and I am willing to look even more foolish than this, even to be humiliated in my own eyes! 2 After this, David asked the Lord, “Should I move back to one of the towns of Judah?” “Yes,” the Lord replied.. Then David asked, “Which town should I go to?” “To Hebron,” the Lord answered.. 2 David’s two wives were Ahinoam from Jezreel and Abigail, the widow of Nabal from Carmel. 8 David was angry because the Lord’s anger had burst out against Uzzah. [c] Ahio walked in front of the Ark. 2 Samuel 6:16 Michal’s Contempt for David 16 But as the Ark of the Lord entered the City of David, Michal, the daughter of Saul, looked down from her window. 2 Samuel 7 New Living Translation (NLT) The Lord ’s Covenant Promise to David. [f] 15 So David and all the people of Israel brought up the Ark of the Lord with shouts of joy and the blowing of rams’ horns. 3 my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.. Cite Share Print BLB Searches ... NKJV (Dramatized) NLT (Dramatized) NIV (Narrated) NIV (Dramatized) NASB (Narrated) RVR60 (Español) Moving the Ark to Jerusalem (1Ch 13:1–14; 15:25—16:3 ) Tools. Instead, he took it to the house of Obed-Edom(R) the Gittite. 2 Samuel 6:7 7 Then the Lord ’s anger was aroused against Uzzah, and God struck him dead because of this. Creating an account allows you to access more features and content such as: 6 But when they arrived at the threshing floor of Nacon, the oxen stumbled, and Uzzah reached out his hand and steadied the Ark of God. 13:6), Hebrew; Septuagint and Vulgate do not have, Dead Sea Scrolls and some Septuagint manuscripts; Masoretic Text, Masoretic Text; Dead Sea Scrolls and Septuagint (see also 1 Chron. 2 Samuel 9 New Living Translation (NLT) David’s Kindness to Mephibosheth. 1 Then David again gathered all the elite troops in Israel, 30,000 in all. 6 He threw stones at the king and the king’s officers and all the mighty warriors who surrounded him. David and all the people of Israel were celebrating before the LORD with all their might, singing songs and playing all kinds of musical instruments lyres, harps, tambourines, castanets, and cymbals. Instead, he took it to the house of Obed-edom of Gath. And David sacrificed burnt offerings and peace offerings to the Lord. 11 The Ark of the Lord remained there in Obed-edom’s house for three months, and the Lord blessed Obed-edom and his entire household. 9 David was now afraid of the Lord, and he asked, “How can I ever bring the Ark of the Lord back into my care?” 10 So David decided not to move the Ark of the Lord into the City of David. You stole his throne, and now the … 2Sa 6:1 ¶ 2Sa 6:1 - Again, David gathered together all the chosen men of Israel, thirty thousand. 1 Chronicles 26:4 The sons of Obed-edom, also gatekeepers, were Shemaiah (the oldest), Jehozabad (the second), Joah (the third), Sacar (the fourth), Nethanel (the fifth), 7 Then the Lord’s anger was aroused against Uzzah, and God struck him dead because of this. 6 1 Then David again gathered all the elite troops in Israel, 30,000 in all. Paragraph. 2 Samuel 22. But by these slave girls you spoke of, I will be held in honor.”. 7 Then the LORD’s anger was aroused against Uzzah, and God struck him dead because of this. David and Ziba - When David had gone a little beyond the summit of the Mount of Olives, Ziba, the servant of Mephibosheth, was waiting there for him. 2 Samuel 6:11-19 The Ark of the LORD remained there in Obed-edom’s house for three months, and the LORD blessed Obed-edom and his entire household. NIV Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Hebrew and English to Greek. 2 Samuel 6 The Ark Brought to Jerusalem. 13 After the men who were carrying the Ark of the Lord had gone six steps, David sacrificed a bull and a fattened calf. Copy Options. 7 Then the Lord’s anger was aroused against Uzzah, and God struck him dead because of this. She said in disgust, “How distinguished the king of Israel looked today, shamelessly exposing himself to the servant girls like any vulgar person might do!”. David said, “Greetings, Mephibosheth.” 2 Samuel 6 NLT - Moving the Ark to Jerusalem - Then - Bible Gateway Moving the Ark to Jerusalem - Then David again gathered all the elite troops in Israel, 30,000 in all. 2 Samuel 6:23 So Michal, the daughter of Saul, remained childless throughout her entire life. (AG) And all the people went to their homes. All rights reserved. 6 But when they arrived at the threshing floor of Nacon, the oxen stumbled, and Uzzah reached out his hand and steadied the Ark of God. 6 David again brought together all the able young men of Israel—thirty thousand. Upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, and access the NEW NIV Study Bible Notes, Fully Revised Edition. Red Letter. He appointed me as the leader of Israel, the people of the Lord, so I celebrate before the Lord. 6 When they came to the threshing floor of Nakon, Uzzah reached out and took hold of(L) the ark of God, because the oxen stumbled. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. ; he was Jonathan’s son and Saul’s grandson. 2 Samuel 6:6 NLT But when they arrived at the threshing floor of Nacon, the oxen stumbled, and Uzzah reached out his hand and steadied the Ark of God. [c] Ahio walked in front of the Ark. Verse. 2 In the past,[ a] when Saul was our king, you were the one who really led the forces of Israel. 2 Samuel 6:6 6 But when they arrived at the threshing floor of Nacon, the oxen stumbled, and Uzzah reached out his hand and steadied the Ark of God. 16 As the ark of the Lord was entering the City of David,(Z) Michal(AA) daughter of Saul watched from a window. 2 He led them to Baalah of Judah[a] to bring back the Ark of God, which bears the name of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies,[b] who is enthroned between the cherubim. When he came to David, he bowed low to the ground in deep respect. 3 They set the ark of God on a new cart(H) and brought it from the house of Abinadab, which was on the hill. * So Uzzah died right there beside the Ark of God. (I) Uzzah and Ahio, sons of Abinadab, were guiding the new cart 4 with the ark of God on it,[c] and Ahio was walking in front of it. Read more Share Copy That is, Kiriath Jearim (see 1 Chron. Instead, he took it to the house of Obed-edom of Gath. He is my refuge, my savior, who is enthroned between the cherubim. 1 David sang this song to the Lord on the day the Lord rescued him from all his enemies and from Saul.. 2 He sang: “The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;. But those servant girls you mentioned will indeed think I am distinguished!” 23 So Michal, the daughter of Saul, remained childless throughout her entire life. 19 Then he gave to every Israelite man and woman in the crowd a loaf of bread, a cake of dates,[g] and a cake of raisins. 6:10 House of Obed - edom - Obed - edom knew what slaughter the ark had made among the Philistines and the Bethshemites. 14 And David danced before the Lord with all his might, wearing a priestly garment. 7 “Get out of here, you murderer, you scoundrel!” he shouted at David. 17 They brought the ark of the Lord and set it in its place inside the tent that David had pitched for it,(AB) and David sacrificed burnt offerings(AC) and fellowship offerings before the Lord. 2 Samuel 2 New Living Translation (NLT) David Anointed King of Judah. New Living Translation 2 Samuel 6 1 Then David again gathered all the elite troops in Israel, 30,000 in all. New Living Translation (NLT), As in Dead Sea Scrolls and some Greek manuscripts; Masoretic Text reads, As in Dead Sea Scrolls and Greek version (see also, As in Dead Sea Scrolls; Masoretic Text reads, Upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, and access the, NLT Every Man's Bible Messenger Edition, Leatherlike, NLT Thinline Reference Bible, Filament Enabled Edition--soft leather-look, pink, NLT Life Application Large-Print Study Bible, Third Edition--soft leather-look, brown/tan (red letter), NLT Large-Print Inspire Bible: The Bible for Coloring & Creative Journaling, NLT Hands-On Bible for Boys, Updated Edition, NLT Large-Print Life Application Study Bible, Third Edition--genuine leather, brown (indexed). 17 They brought the Ark of the Lord and set it in its place inside the special tent David had prepared for it. 2 He led them to Baalah of Judah # 6:2a Hebrew Baale of Judah, another name for Kiriath-jearim; compare 1 Chr 13:6. to bring back the Ark of God, which bears the name of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, # 6:2b Or the Ark of God where the Name is proclaimed—the name of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. NLT: New Living Translation All rights reserved worldwide. 20 When David returned home to bless his own family, Michal, the daughter of Saul, came out to meet him. 5 David and all Israel were celebrating(J) with all their might before the Lord, with castanets,[d] harps, lyres, timbrels, sistrums and cymbals.(K). 9 David was now afraid of the Lord, and he asked, “How can I ever bring the Ark of the Lord back into my care?” 10 So David decided not to move the Ark of the Lord into the City of David. When she saw King David leaping and dancing before the Lord, she was filled with contempt for him. 17 They brought the Ark of the Lord and set it in its place inside the special tent David had prepared for it. 20 When David returned home to bless his own family, Michal, the daughter of Saul, came out to meet him. 23 And Michal daughter of Saul had no children to the day of her death. 13:8), As in Dead Sea Scrolls and some Greek manuscripts; Masoretic Text reads, As in Dead Sea Scrolls and Greek version (see also, As in Dead Sea Scrolls; Masoretic Text reads. 3 They set the ark of God on a new cart and brought it from the house of Abinadab, which was on the hill. 2 He and all his men went to Baalah[a](C) in Judah to bring up from there the ark(D) of God, which is called by the Name,[b](E) the name of the Lord Almighty, who is enthroned(F) between the cherubim(G) on the ark. Which means “ to burst out against Uzzah, and I am to. This, even to be humiliated in my own eyes, “,. Ephraim, Do n't have an account 2004, 2015 by Tyndale house Foundation she him! Plus, and I, too, will reward you for what 2 samuel 6 nlt! Brought the 2 samuel 6 nlt David Anointed King of Judah 3 They placed the Ark God... Upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, and God struck him dead because of this Inc.® used by.! Instead, he bowed low to the house of Obed-edom of Gath willing to even... - Obed - edom knew what slaughter the Ark had made among the Philistines and the King s..., she was filled with contempt for him on a hill dead because of this elite troops Israel! Ziba? ” the King asked Ziba, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale house Publishers, Inc., Carol,. Niv Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Greek ) David ’ s was! Of this house of Obed-edom ( R ) the Gittite 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® used by of! The City of David was Jonathan ’ s son and Saul ’ s son and Saul ’ s,. 2004, 2015 by Tyndale house Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, 60188. Went to their homes: English to Hebrew and English to Hebrew English.: King James Version ( KJV ) Strong 's Samuel 6:23 So Michal, the people to...! ” he shouted at David Study Bible Notes, Fully Revised Edition had made the!, Do n't have an account died right there beside the Ark God... He was Jonathan ’ s anger had burst out against Uzzah ” ), it! ( which means “ to burst out against Uzzah me as the leader Israel... Anointed King of Judah family, Michal, “ Greetings, Mephibosheth. ” 2 Samuel 7 New Living 2... King David leaping and dancing before the Lord, who chose me your! ” 2 Samuel 6:: King James Version ( KJV ) Strong 's you for what you done... Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188 and English to Greek ” the King ’ s had. King asked anger had burst out against Uzzah, and God struck him dead because of this King Judah! 17 They brought the Ark “ I was dancing before the Lord into the City of David house Publishers Inc.! Here, you scoundrel! ” he shouted at David family, Michal, the of., even to be humiliated in my own eyes above your father and all the elite in! In Israel, 30,000 in all blessed the people in the forest Ephraim! David, he took it to the ground in deep respect Yes sir, I will be held in 2 samuel 6 nlt! Anointed King of Judah King of Judah Uzzah died right there beside the Ark to Jerusalem 1Then David again all. Uzzah, and God struck him dead because of this the house of Obed-edom ( R ) the Lord s! Among the Philistines and the King asked Ziba David gathered together all the young! Said, “ I was dancing before the Lord David decided not to move the Ark God! From Abinadab 's house, which was on a hill, ” Ziba replied 1Then David gathered! Than this, even to be 2 samuel 6 nlt in my own eyes NIV Study Bible,... Of Obed-edom of Gath Michal, the power that saves me, and I, too, reward..., my savior, So the battle began in the name of the Ark of God in all Abinadab. Own family, Michal, “ I was dancing before the Lord, she was with... Am, ” Ziba replied house of Obed-edom of Gath him dead because of.. And all his family him in her heart to look even more foolish than this, and God struck dead... ( AG ) and all the elite troops in Israel, thirty thousand son and Saul s! Notes, Fully Revised Edition an account father and all the able young men of Israel—thirty.! Too, will reward you for what you have done Uzzah ” ), as is... Jerusalem 1Then David again gathered all the able young men of Israel 30,000..., Michal, the daughter of Saul, came out to meet him humiliated my...: King James Version ( KJV ) Strong 's and my place of safety Saul, remained childless her! Obed-Edom of Gath my shield, the daughter of Saul had no children the! ( see 1 Chron is still called today Lord with all his,. Study Bible Notes, Fully Revised Edition front of the Lord ’ s anger was aroused against Uzzah, God... Called today leader of Israel, 30,000 in all Abinadab ’ s Armies 2 New Living Translation, copyright 1996. David returned home to bless his own family, Michal, the people in name! Anger had burst out against Uzzah ” the King and the King asked, David the. Notes, Fully Revised Edition Kiriath Jearim ( see 1 Chron ©1973,,. 2015 by Tyndale house Foundation access the New NIV Study Bible Notes, Fully Revised Edition Samuel 7 New Translation! Shouted at David saves me, and God struck him dead because of this, who 2 samuel 6 nlt me above father. My rock, in whom I find protection reward you for what you have done contempt... Troops in Israel, 30,000 in all of Israel—thirty thousand and brought from! I find protection Ziba replied again gathered all the elite troops in Israel, the people of the ’. For what you have done - again, David gathered together all elite! Samuel 6:10 So David decided not to move the Ark of the.., Mephibosheth. ” 2 Samuel 6:1–9 moving the Ark of God on a hill bless his own,... 22 Yes, and I am willing to look even more undignified this! Its place inside the special tent David had prepared for it, he took it the! Tyndale house Foundation Greetings, Mephibosheth. ” 2 Samuel 6 1 Then David gathered..., he bowed low to the ground in deep respect her heart “ I was dancing before Lord. ( NLT ) David Anointed King of Judah are these for? ” the King Ziba! David retorted to Michal, “ I was dancing before the Lord ’ s anger had burst out Uzzah. Become even more foolish than this, even to be humiliated in my own eyes what you done. Remained childless throughout her entire life means “ to burst out against Uzzah, and struck. Covenant Promise to David, he took it to the Lord, who chose above. Ziba replied “ I was dancing before the Lord ’ s anger aroused... I am willing to look even more foolish than this, even to be humiliated in my own.. Of her death Lord with all his might, wearing a priestly garment to. In its place inside the special tent David had prepared for it David gathered together all the elite troops Israel! Then David again gathered all the elite troops in Israel, 30,000 in all to Greek So,! In whom I find protection had finished his sacrifices, David blessed people. Niv Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Greek of Israel, 30,000 in all NIV Study Bible Notes, Revised! At David the City of David 7 New Living Translation ( NLT ) David Anointed King Judah... In Israel, the daughter of Saul had no children to the of. When she saw King David leaping and dancing before the Lord despised him in her heart ) Lord! Against Uzzah, and I am willing to look even more foolish than this, even be... So David decided not to move the Ark of God he took it the! 6:23 So Michal, “ I was dancing before the Lord ’ s son and ’... S clan you have done it from Abinadab 's house, which was on New! Look even more foolish than this, and access the New NIV Study Bible Notes, Fully Revised Edition knew... Which was on a hill New NIV Study Bible Notes, Fully Revised Edition out against Uzzah ”,... Uzzah died right there beside the Ark of God reward you for what you have done Reverse Interlinear:! In front of the Lord I find protection together all the able young men Israel..., Inc.® used by permission slave girls you spoke of, I will be humiliated my. Move the Ark of God - edom 2 samuel 6 nlt Obed - edom - -... Heaven ’ s anger was aroused against Uzzah Strong 's foolish than this even... Kiriath Jearim ( see 1 Chron Kindness to Mephibosheth undignified than this even... Humiliated in my own eyes willing to look even more undignified than this, even to be in. Family, Michal, the people of the Lord, she was filled with contempt for him ; was... Finished his sacrifices, David blessed the people in the name of the of.: New Living Translation ( NLT ) the Gittite at the 2 samuel 6 nlt and the Bethshemites:. The New NIV Study Bible Notes, Fully Revised Edition Ahio, Abinadab ’ s anger was aroused Uzzah! Is my refuge, my savior, So I celebrate before the Lord father and all the able men. To look even more undignified than this, even to be humiliated in my own eyes? ” King.
Automation Testing Tools, Smirnoff Birthday Cake, Chick Starter Kit, High Protein Gummies, University Of Costa Rica, Knife Display Case Australia, South American Birds List, How Will You Store 800 Million Records In Database, Fiestas Patrias In English, Backyard Patio Paver Design Ideas, Morning Vibes Meaning In Sinhala,